Apartamento Lisboa - Chiado
Conveniently located in the picturesque neighborhood in Lisbon city centre called “Bairro Alto”, whose origins date back to the 15th century, your Elegant Apartment is ideal for those who want to enjoy a memorable stay in Lisbon.
Situated on the third floor of an historical building, this cozy and well-equipped Apartment is bathed in natural light, where guests will appreciate the vast living spaces filled with modern furnishings that are representing the character of the district. The contemporary sitting/dining space offers a table that sits up to 4 guests.
From the adjacent fully equipped kitchen is sleek and modern as well as very functional, and has been built to suit cooking for large numbers of guests. The kitchen will be the delight of any demanding chef, and also provides guests with a direct access to a gorgeous private terrasse perfect for an early morning cup of coffee or evening drinks while admiring the surroundings.
This pet-friendly property boasts a queen-size bed that exude a classic-contemporary feel. With a soothing colour palette and the parquet floor, which blends perfectly with elegance and class, the décor is the backdrop for a modern furniture, with vintage and antique objects.
Your Elegant Apartment is a secluded retreat property in the heart of the city covering 646 square feet (60m2), and can comfortably accommodate up to 4 guests. Connected with the living room, the bedroom features high-quality quilts and pillows, so a wonderful night’s sleep is always assured!
Experience Portugal’s capital as a local from the charm and comfort of this beautifully presented Apartment, as your Elegant Apartment is situated a short distance away from the lively streets of the Chiado, where the locals usual meet for coffee, shopping, or before a night out in neighboring Bairro Alto.
A short 20-minute drive will lead you to the district of Belem, where Christopher Columbus stopped on his way back to Europe after discovering the New World. UNESCO World Heritage monument, the Belém Tower (Torre de Belém) is a magnificent monument that guards Lisbon’s harbor and impresses by its design and refined details.
A short walk away from this historical monument is the 16th-century Monastery of Jeronimos, a majestic building that showcaswa Portugal’s splendor during the age of discoveries that was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. To complete your visit to this district, take a moment to indulge a tasteful Pastel de Nata!
Among the beauties of the capital, you will not miss to discover magical places, such as Praça do Comércio, Praça Dom Pedro IV and Largo de São Domingos, and a walk through the city’s cobbled streets will lead take you to the famous Avenida de Liberdade, a wide boulevard with designer stores, cafes and restaurants scattered across either side. Keep walking from the Rossio Square, you will be taken to the grand Rua Augusta Arch, which was built to commemorate the city’s reconstruction after the earthquake in 1755.
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 646 square feet, 61 square meters
4 guests maximum
Lisbon Portela Airport
About 25 minutes driving
Enjoy beautiful views of the photo-worthy Praça Luís de Camões, named after the monumental statue of 16th-century epic poet.
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Glória Funicular (10 mins walk) - This iconic yellow funicular has been connecting Restauradores Square and the Bairro Alto since 1885. The short-but-steep ride is included in a standard public transport day pass.
- Chiado Museum of Contemporary Art (10 mins walk) - Exhibitions celebrating Portuguese art from the 19th to the 21st century can be found in this modern museum, located inside an ancient monastery in Lisbon’s old town.
- Calouste Gulbenkian Museum (15 mins drive) - Nestled in landscaped gardens, this hidden gem houses a vast and varied art collection. It also hosts temporary exhibitions, from painting and sculpture to jewellery and furniture.
- Lisbon Sports Club (35 mins drive) - Founded in 1861 through mountains and valleys, this Golf Course maintains the true spirit of sportsmanship.
Places of Interest
- Chiado (5 mins walk) - Features a multitude of traditional shops and typical cafés. The lively bars and eateries of Bairro Alto are within a short walk.
- King Pedro IV Square (10 mins walk) - Also referred as “Rossio”, the Portuguese take pride of this square characterized by stone paving, grand fountains with a statue.
- Plaza do Comercio (15 min walk) - This harbour-facing square is the “gateway to Lisbon” in recognition of the time when merchant ships arriving at the port.
- Santo Antonio (25 mins walk) - This district is a great choice for the ones interested in monuments, architecture and friendly locals.
- Eduardo VII Park (30 mins walk) - With the 2 stuffs, the hothouse and the greenhouse for highlights, the park sits at the top of the city and offers fine views.
- Belem tower (20 mins drive) - First built to protect the city in the 15th century, the monument is now classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Sanctuary of Christ the King (25 mins drive) - The Cristo Rei is one of the most iconic monuments in Lisbon built to thank God for protecting Portugal during World War II.
- Sanctuary of Fatima (1 hour and a half drive) - The forth biggest catholic pilgrimage site in the world is famous for the apparition of Virgin Mary to 3 little shepherds.
Lovely apartment/great location!
Lovely apartment in a fabulous location- very central and close to great bars and restaurants as well as many sights. Apartment is extremely well appointed - comfortable beds, coffeemaker , great shower, and very responsive and helpful hosts! Internet was slightly slow for zoom calls and it should be pointed out that this is a 4th floor (by U.S.terms) walk up. Great exercise after delicious Portuguese meals but could be an issue for those with lots of luggage or mobility issues. Bright and comfortable and perfect for a Lisbon stay. We loved this apartment and would definitely return!”