The Chateau on Wallis Island (R)
Spread across more than 100 hectares, with a five-bedroom and six-bathroom, The Chateau looks over Wallis Lake, and includes 1 mile (1.5km) of beachfront, an orchard, lagoons, fishing wetlands and its own botanical gardens. The property is a French classical-style home that offers all the luxury of an architecturally designed home, with the peace and privacy of island life.
The two-storey Chateau has been built from the finest European materials by an award-winning builder, sculptors, and master stonemasons from both Australia and France, with the highest possible standards of workmanship.
Set on a plot of 257 acres (104 hectares), the luxurious residence itself is more than 10548 sqft. (980sqm) and has five bedrooms, each with parquet de Versailles-floored en-suite bathrooms, four of which open onto terraces on the upper level.
The expansive downstairs area features 18th-century French chimneys, a French oak parquet de Versailles-floored study, plus a large full equipped kitchen, games room, living room, dining room, conservatory and laundry.
186 miles (300km) north of Sydney, and a three-minute boat ride from Coomba Park, The Chateau is your perfect getaway. Offering numerous outdoor and indoor entertaining options, plus state of art features, the residence is equipped with a security system monitored from any location in the world, its own electricity generating system, and solar panels that make the property self sufficient.
With exceptional views over Wallis Lake and across the surrounding districts, The Chateau is only 100 metres from its own private jetty and helicopter pad, while it faces its own sandy 1 mile (1.5km) beachfront, offering fantastic opportunities for water skiing, jet skiing, windsurfing, swimming, and fishing.
This land is considered to have one of the best climates in the world, and its own orchard and botanical collection from tropical and sub-tropical temperate regions. The vast natural surroundings including two lagoons, three ponds and fishing wetlands. The local animal wildlife includes deer, black swans, eagles, and pelicans, which all contribute to the tranquil lifestyle of this property.
Please, be aware there might be some Wild Life animals on the Island (like Eagles, snakes, dears and kangaroos).
Private Residence with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 6 baths, 10549 square feet, 981 square meters
King, King, Queen, Queen, and Queen
10 guests maximum
Newcastle Airport or private jet airport on Wallis Airport (Private)
About 45 minute drive
Facing the fenced natural lake and surrounded by a private forest, a short walk leads you to the private jetty, from where to practice kayak, boat, water ski and much more!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
The Chateau on Wallis island is delighted to provide Guests with outstanding service, with at least cleaning 2 times a week and concierge service
Chef and food can be organized upon request prior to arrival, at an additional cost (to be arranged with the Host directly).
Please, be informed that there will be additional costs to go to the Island with Water Taxi, rates to be confirmed with the Host.
The Reserve tier within THIRDHOME is a collection of qualified higher-end homes. The required key values to book these homes and exchange fees are higher than other homes in the Club.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Miles Island - Only accessible by boat or paddling across the Breckenridge Channel, this small sandy island is also a shelter area for threatened shorebird species.
- Tallwoods Country Club (20 min drive) - Nestled amongst the dramatic coastline of the Manning Valley, this 18-hole Championship Golf Course is the region’s premier golfing destination.
- Scenic flights manning valley (40 mins drive) - Enjoy spectacular views with a bird’s eye view of the Barrington Coast, revelling in the spectacular view of some of the Mid North Coast’s most beautiful coastline.
- Harrington Beach (50 mins drive) - This quiet beach location is ideal for relaxing strolls and fishing and walking opportunities, and taking in the views of the ocean.
- Kayak tour on Myall River (1 hour drive) - Kayak by mangroves, past Shipwrecks plus lots of birdlife to see and we may even get to watch dolphins up close!
- Myall Lakes National Park (1 hour and 20 mins drive) - With delightful collection of walks, fascinating Mungo walking track is a feast for the body, mind, and senses.
Places of Interest
- Crowdy Head (50 mins drive) - Offering picnic areas, fishing spots and walking tracks, this quaint fishing village is the jewel in the Manning Valley Crown!
- Wallingat National Park - (40 mins drive) - With its varied forest and swamp landscapes, it offers hiking, touring, and birdwatching in a coastal locale.