Casa de los Sueños
Sitting proudly on the hillside in the heart to the white-washed city of Medina Sidonia, Casa de los Sueños is your dream getaway in Andalusia. Considered by many historians to be the oldest town in western Europe, the town sits proudly at over 984 ft. (300m) above sea level, and guests will be able to enjoy great views from various living areas of the property, as well as panoramic views over the rolling hills and the Atlantic Ocean from the terrace.
Welcome to Casa de los Sueños, a beautifully renovated house that is a place to reconnect, to enjoy top quality amenities and express your interests. With a modern yet traditional design, Casa de los Sueños will make you feel the calm and powerful atmosphere of a white town of Andalusia. This property is a blank canvas where guests will be able to design at their pleasure- the modern family kitchen, contemporary open-plan dining and living area, as well as the panoramic terrace; you will enjoy a quiet moment and watch the sky turn pink and orange as the sun sets.
Greeting the guests in the courtyards of Casa de los Sueños, 2 fountains that offer seclusion and freshness on hot days. As the morning sun kisses Casa de los Sueños’ white walls, you can dive into a book while nestled in the courtyard that is home to the secluded swimming pool. In this property, you will find a peaceful retreat and take advantage of its exclusive amenities, floor heating in all rooms and 2 fireplaces including award-winning Danish wood burner, where to park yourself out of the cold on these few wintry days and create unforgettable memories with your family or friends.
With high wood-beamed ceilings lend a sense of space and chic décor in every area of the House, the property boasts a serene feeling created by sleek furnishing and neutral tones with some colour accents brightening up the whole mood. This cosy property boasts plenty of space to accommodate up to 8 guests within three spacious bedrooms spread over three floors. Each bedroom has a charm of its own which provide guests with a King-size bed, 2 Queen-size beds and a Single bed.
Enjoying a privileged position in the centre of the Cádiz province, Casa de los Sueños is the ideal place to discover the highlights and hidden gems the region has to offer. With numerous places that are well worth a visit, the province of Cádiz is very diverse, from the castle ruins and the countryside around Jerez de la Frontera to the Pueblos Blancos (White Villages), take a tour of the bright sandy beaches of Costa de la Luz that is characterized by its pure luminescence all year round.
A 20 minute drive from Medina is Vejer de la Frontera, a postcard pretty, white-washed, hill-top town, and sub-tropical Santa Lucia, where avocado, banana trees along with a multitude of flora and fauna flourish in an enviable climate - nourished from the fresh spring water cascading through the village. Nibble some tapas on one of the terraces of Santa Lucía’s local restaurants and combine with a stroll up to the Roman aqueduct.
Less than 30 minutes by car, guests will reach the word-class beaches of El Palmar, Zahora, Caños de Meca and the protected coves of Roche of the former fishing village of Conil de la Frontera. Guests wishing to run the waves will have the opportunity to practise surf in this ideal place that also has fantastic beaches. A few minutes further are the endless beaches of Zahara de los Atunes and the golden sands of the numerous beaches dotted around El Puerto de Santa María.
While guests with passion for history will enjoy a visit to the capital of Andalusia, Cádiz, and Jerez de la Frontera or even Tangier, adding an exotic taste of Africa to your European holiday, golf lovers will be spoiled for choice as centrally located Medina is just 30 mins from the manicured course of Montenmedia along with the courses of Chiclana, Jerez and Arcos de la Frontera - and less than an hour from the famous courses of Sotogrande, repeatedly classified in the international rankings as one of Europe’s best golf courses.
May guests wish to discover another country, Casa de los Sueños is located only 45 minute drive Gibraltar and 3 hours way from Portugal. Situated at the southern tip of the Iberian Peninsula, the Rock is a perfect synthesis of Britishness and the Mediterranean way of life. Take a moment to explore the beautiful beaches and bays that line the city’s picturesque coastline, enjoy a walk and a shopping in the Main Street, where to choose a great selection of duty-free goods! After a traditional “fish and chips” dish in the sun at the delicious restaurant Roy’s Cod Place, take afternoon tea at the Rock Hotel, on the wonderful shady terrace that overlooks the bay. From the city centre, ride the cable car and reach the top of the Rock, where you will be greeted by the famous monkeys and explore the Upper Rock Nature Reserve.
Private Residence with 3 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3014 square feet, 281 square meters
King, Queen, and Queen + Twin
8 guests maximum
Jerez / Gibraltar / Seville
Jerez (30 mins drive) / Gibraltar (1 hour drive) / Seville (1 hour and 30 mins drive)
Enjoy view far-reaching views from the living room and the kitchen, while the terrace offers 360 degree views over the city and the church top!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Wine tasting - With outstanding enological culture, wine is so present in the region’s gastronomy, which is often referred as the cradle of Andalusian wine.
- Horseback riding - Get in touch with nature and enjoy the beauty of the area in a different way.
- Entre Ramas Aventura - Located in the forest of Roche, enjoy a great day in contact with nature while zip lining, bridges, Tarzan vines, flying cars, spider webs and many more!
- Sighting of cetaceans - Identify the whales and dolphins which live and swim the Gibraltar Straight!
- El Vaporcito - The old Vapor del Puerto is now a catamaran that connects Cádiz with Puerto de Santa María, making it a great option for enjoying Cádiz Bay!
- Tapas tasting - Taste the best tapas in Spain from the famous shrimp tortilla or fried fish to seasoned potatoes and dobladillos!
- Doñana National Park - Those who love hiking, visit the Centre of El Acebuche, which features the bird observatory located on the lagoon that bears the same name.
Places of Interest
- Jerez de la Frontera (30 mins drive) - Steeped in horse fairs, flamenco and sherry, it’s a must-visit city when travelling around Andalusia!
- Vejer de la Frontera (30 mins drive) - Declared Historic-Artistic, this is one of the most beautiful towns in Cádiz.
- San Fernando (30 mins drive) - Often referred to as ‘the Island of the South’, the town is set within the stunning setting of the beautiful Bay of Cádiz.
- Cádiz (40 mins drive) - With seafront, gardens and open squares, Europe’s oldest city is characterises by high turreted houses and narrow alleys.
- Arcos de la Frontera (40 mins drive) - With thrilling strategic clifftop location, a swanky parador, a volatile frontier history, the old town of this White Town is full of mystery.
- Bolonia beach (1 hour drive) - Discover one of the most beautiful beaches in Spain set in a magnificent landscape, with fine white sand, crystal clear water and a very nice sea breeze.
- Tarifa (1 hour and 10 mins drive) - Plunge into the sea at this biggest hot spot for kite surfing in all of Europe!
- Ubrique (1 hour and 15 mins drive) - This picturesque pueblo blanco (white village) follows the valley of the Rio Ubrique.
- Seville (1 hour and 20 mins drive) - The capital of the Andalucia region, this town is famous for flamenco dancing.
- Zahara de la Sierra (1 hour and 20 mins drive) - Enjoying an extraordinary setting at the foot of the Sierra del Jaral, the Pueblo Blanco is perched on top of a hill and surrounded by turquoise waters.
- Setenil de las Bodegas (1 hour and 40 mins drive) - Explore one of the most unique villages in Andalucia, famous for its houses that have been built into and under rock overhangs.