The Fruit Barn
The Fruit Barn has been converted into accommodation for four people in two double bedrooms, with en-suite bathrooms. It has a fully equipped kitchen, dining room, and sitting room.
It is air-conditioned, has a wood-burning stove, satellite TV, WiFi, and sound system. With its own pool, it has magnificent views of the Riviersonderend Mountains.
Free WiFi and wireless routers in all cottages/units (excellent signal)
The Fruit Barn was built in the 1870’s by Jacob Stefanus Naudé.
Later, his son, J S Naudé Junior started farming with fruit, which he dried and exported. So successful was this business, that he expanded from this little building to open J S Naudé and Company Dried Fruits in Worcester.
This pioneering company was one of the precursors to the famous South African Dried Fruits Company (SAD).
Estate with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1500 square feet, 140 square meters
King and King
4 guests maximum
Cape Town Airport
2 hours by car
Mountains and Valley views
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Daily housekeeping, security 24/7, and concierge service included free of charge. Meals can be arranged with our great Chef at a fee. Staff tips are highly recommended.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Mountain bike ride - 30km start and finish, Nuy on the Hill!
- Fishing, catch and release
- Boat cruises ( 30 minute drive)
- Franschhoek wine tram (1 hour drive)
- Golden Valley Casino (30 minute drive)
Places of Interest
- Private wine tasting on Penhill Farm done by award winning winery Conradie Penhill Vineyards at extra charge (groups only) or at no extra cost at Conradie Family Cellars a mere 4km down the road
- Horse riding combo outrides to include wine, olive or beer tasting
- Bird watching, sundowner / Picnic spots, tractor rides
- Klipbokkop Mountain Reserve (40 minutes drive)
- Brandvlei Nature Reserve (40 minute drive)
- Val de Vie Polo Estate (1 hour 10 minute drive)
- Karoo Desert National Botanical Garden (30 minute drive)
- Pearl Valley and Boschenmeer golf estate (1 hour drive)
- Fairview Cheesery and Spice Route Beer Brewery (1 hour drive)
- Winery Tours of world renowned wineries
- KWV Brandy Tasting centre (1 hour drive
- Lion Sanctuary Drakenstein Park (1 hour 10 minutes drive)