Today, the West and East Grange building has been converted into accommodation. Each unit sleeps four people in two double bedrooms, with en-suite bathrooms.
They have fully equipped kitchens, dining rooms and sitting rooms and are air-conditioned. They have wood burning stoves, satellite TV, WiFi and sound systems.
With their own jacuzzis, the Grange has magnificent views of the Riviersonderend mountains and the Nuy Valley in the distance.
Free WIFI and wireless routers in all cottages/units
The West Grange and East Grange building has recently been constructed to resemble a converted old granary, and hence the name ‘Grange’. Well known Stellenbosch architect, Rick Stander, describes the building as follows:
“Most historic farms buildings develop in an organic manner and Toontjiesrivier is no different. The Grange was initially designed to serve as the farm shed.
At the time when the client decided that they needed more accommodation, the ground floor slab was cast and we decided to use this footprint as is. A couple of interior walls were added, two mezzanine floors and four wolf gables in the roof to create these two delightful units.”
Daily housekeeping, security 24/7 and concierge service included free of charge. Meals can be arranged with our great Chef at a fee. Staff tips highly recommended.
Private Residence with 0 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 0 square feet, 0 square meters
King and King
4 guests maximum
Cape Town Airport
2 hours by car
The Cape mountains and vineyards
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Mountain bike ride - 30km start and finish, Nuy on the Hill!
- Fishing, catch and release
- Boat cruises ( 30 minute drive)
- Franschhoek wine tram (1 hour drive)
- Golden Valley Casino (30 minute drive)
Places of Interest
- Private wine tasting on Penhill Farm done by award winning winery Conradie Penhill Vineyards at extra charge (groups only) or at no extra cost at Conradie Family Cellars a mere 4km down the road
- Horse riding combo outrides to include wine, olive or beer tasting
- Bird watching, sundowner / Picnic spots, tractor rides
- Klipbokkop Mountain Reserve (40 minutes drive)
- Brandvlei Nature Reserve (40 minute drive)
- Val de Vie Polo Estate (1 hour 10 minute drive)
- Karoo Desert National Botanical Garden (30 minute drive)
- Pearl Valley and Boschenmeer golf estate (1 hour drive)
- Fairview Cheesery and Spice Route Beer Brewery (1 hour drive)
- Winery Tours of world renowned wineries
- KWV Brandy Tasting centre (1 hour drive)
- Lion Sanctuary Drakenstein Park (1 hour 10 minutes drive)