Situated in Norway’s largest ski destination in winter and an eldorado for cycling in summer, Chalet Fagerhöj is surrounded by unspoilt nature in the family-friendly town of Trysil, which was one of the first holiday spots in Europe to achieve the prestigious Sustainable Tourism certification. Located close to the Swedish border, this property is also about two and a half hours from Oslo and provides you with a great spot to enjoy your Norwegian getaway!
Step inside this pet-friendly property and leave your ski equipment in your own ski room situated in the entrance hallway that leads into the open plan living and dining room. While relaxing inside, the multiple windows allow you to enjoy the magnificent views across the incredible mountains and Sweden in the distance.
The fully equipped open plan kitchen is alongside the dining and living area, with its traditional wood burner as a focal point of the relaxing space. Imagine warming yourself after a cold day on the slopes in your chalet with an open log burning fireplace ; the warmth spreading through you and the crackling of the fire relaxing you whilst you enjoy moments with your family and beloved ones.
Comprising a traditional wooden walls and floors, but has a range of contemporary furniture giving a modern touch, the interior of Chalet Fagerhöj gives a homely feeling. Guests staying in Chalet Fagerhöj will have access to their own private sauna situated in one of the two bathrooms, should you need to soothe any achy muscles.
Having 2 double bedrooms and the 2 bedrooms with bunk beds on the first floor that can comfortably accommodating up to 8 guests, Chalet Fagerhöj provides the perfect accommodation for families or smaller groups of friends looking for an exclusive ski holiday in Norway. Exuding comfort and cosiness, this luxury chalet is complete with a wonderful hot tub to enjoy during your stay.
Situated right by the slopes, guests staying in Chalet Fagerhöj will be able to have fun in the snow all day in the four contiguous ski areas of the town. Spread over 68 well-groomed slopes in three directions, you will be able to ski in the mountains and in the woods, and snow parks for both beginners and experienced. As action-packed days in the snow will make you hungry, you can get to more than 30 enteries from the slopes that serve local cuisine ranging from the ‘pultost’ (sour milk cheese) to ‘rakfisk’, a fish dish made from fermented trout!
In and around Trysiljellet mountain, you will find more than 100 km of freshly groomed cross-country trails, some of them are even groomed for skating! The view from the chairlift will make your heart beat faster. Glide through the forest or towards the mountains and get a new perspective on Trysil’s beautiful surroundings.
As Nature is your own waterpark, guests looking for a new adrenaline rush will enjoy an exciting canyoning and rock climbing experience that will take you through the canyon at Røafallene with its five beautiful waterfalls!
Private Residence with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1184 square feet, 110 square meters
King, King, Bunk, and Bunk
8 guests maximum
Sälen Airport / Oslo Airport
Sälen Airport (About 45 minute drive) / Oslo Airport (about 2 hour drive)
Enjoy beautiful views of the mountains and into Sweden!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Rafting - Try a challenging, exciting and beautiful rafting through the wildest rapids in Trysil.
- Canyoning & rock climbing - Reap the benefits of thousands of years of erosion in an amazing scenery!
- Trysil Bike Arena - A great trail riding for every skill-level and age!
- Star Hunting Tour - Go on a magical star-gazing evening tour and get to know the important stars!
- Trysil Hestesenter - Ride in a historical horse sledge into the untouched wilderness of Trysil and enjoy breathtaking views, mysterious virgin forest and secret marshlands!
Places of Interest
- Trysil/Engerdal Museum - Curating a significant collection of antiquarian objects, photographs and archival material, you will enjoy to visit this cultural history museum!
- Kveik - A restaurant and brewpub in town that offers a combination of Nordic food and craft beer!
- Kulpen Spa - After a long day in the slopes, take a plunge in the warm pool or a steam in the sauna an relax yourself!