Looking for Nordic luxury by the sea? With its own jetty and pool, this house overlooks the magnificent Kampedalsfjord and is your perfect luxury getaway on the southern coast of Norway. The property housed the former Oil Minister of Saudi-Arabia for a secret holiday in Norway and has six bedrooms and five bathrooms scattered on three levels - a large family or group will easily find this place homey.
Featuring a sandy beach, boathouse, and an extremely large lavish residential house with a park, this fenced property with a 6000 sql private marina is only a 30-minute drive from the city of Kristiansand, Norway's southernmost city that is often named the 'smiling capital of the south'.
Listed as a classic Southern Norwegian house, and sitting on an incredible plot, this amazing property has an excellent, undisturbed location with natural shielding from 3 sides. Set on a picturesque landscape, with magnificent views towards the skerries and open sea, the house gives you the opportunity to throw your fishing line direct into the big blue from your private quay. Here, the sea is brimming with a variety of big fish, from mackerel to cod to sea trout.
Since 2012, the property has been completely renovated, showing off a high and tasteful standard in terms of design as well as materials of the optimum quality.
This extraordinary home covers a living area of 6,308 sqft. (586m2) with 282 ft. (86m) of shoreline and offers awesome views of the two islets facing the property that guests will be able to enjoy while grilling up some great food on the BBQ - ideal for preparing delicious al fresco meals and enjoying mellow evenings on the terraces, while the kids splash around in the pool!
Guests will be breath-taken by the generous setting of this luxury, family-friendly property that is adapted to guests with impaired mobility. With unparalleled design elements throughout and superior finishes and fittings, this modern home was designed for enjoying life at its finest. The living areas open to an enchanting garden with a pool, and the living rooms, dining room, and kitchen on the 1st floor and Master with en suite on the 2nd floor are all facing the sea. Distinctive and private, the home has six bedroom suites and seven king-size beds and boasts a garage for two cars on site, an older outbuilding/guest house, and a beach house dating back to 1830.
Aligned with the sitting/dining spaces and the main lounge, the state-of-the-art kitchen, fitted and equipped to the highest quality, that boasts a large center island, an ample cabinet space, and a coffee machine, will be the delight of any demanding chef! Exquisite amenities include a TV room and a special guest apartment with a private entrance. Also worth mentioning are the two walk-in wardrobes and the wine cellar that will surely come in handy on those cold winter nights.
The property is perfectly situated for a quiet retreat where you and your family and friends can stay totally off the grid, and at the same time, you will have easy access to most anything the heart and mind desire. Venture out of your cosy house and experience everything that makes this region of Norway a fun and relaxing spot to vacation. Ranked as one of the world's safest countries with a population that values and respects the need for privacy, Norway offers a safe haven for families looking for a more ecological way of living in style.
A short 30-minute drive will make you feel the light from the sun rays reflecting from the whitewashed walls of Posebyen's old town, the very heart of Kristiansand. Explore the huge collection of charming wooden houses that characterize many of the villages of the region, which are filled with little shops and coffee shops. Enjoy one of the sunniest cities in Norway, and stroll down to the Blue Flag city beach Bystranda, where you'll find the white beaches and even palm trees!
While guests with a passion for history will enjoy a visit to Norway's largest historical museum, which consists of 34 old houses - some dating way back to the 16th century, golf lovers will be amazed by the gently rolling terrain of the Bjaavann Golfklubb. This 18-hole golf course, designed by Robert Trent Jones jr., is interspersed with natural springs, rock outcroppings, a rock island, a meandering stream, and mature stands of birch and pine.
Upon your discovery of the wonders of the city, experience looking off the edge of a boat and seeing a pod of whales swimming by. Watch these amazing animals sticking out of their natural element, rising up and down with the waves, a breathtaking and exhilarating experience you'll never forget!
Private Residence with 3 levels
6 bedrooms, 5 baths, 6297 square feet, 586 square meters
King, King, King, King, King, and Other
16 guests maximum
Kjevik- Kristiansand Airport
30 minute drive
Enjoy exclusive views of your private pier and Kampedalsfjorden!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
View All Amenities
There is a weekly fee of €1,000 to be paid on site which covers daily house-keeping.
The Reserve tier within THIRDHOME is a collection of qualified higher-end homes. The required key values to book these homes and exchange fees are higher than other homes in the Club.
Activities of Interest
- Dyreparken Kristiansand Zoo and Amusement Park (25 minute drive)
- Hiking attraction Ravnedalen Naturpark und Baneheia Gartenanlage (30 minute drive)
- Fast boat trip to Hirtshals, Denmark. Departures from Fjord Line (30 minute by car)
- Boat tours and whale watching. Watch these amazing animals sticking out of the water, rising up and down with the waves, a breathtaking and exhilarating experience.
- Ice fishing, an extremely popular Norway's countryside on lakes, full of trout and other fishes.
- Ice skating in the middle of Kristiansand city center. At the town square, you will find a skating rink that is open in the winter season.
- Bjaavann Golfklubb Kristiansand (40 minute drive) - Embracing the natural gifts of the site, the Robert Trent Jones II-designed Bjaavann Golfklubb is a rare inland course set along a fjord.
Places of Interest
- Kristiansand Museum (25 minute drive) - Walk thought an open-air museum and miniature model town with many Antiquated buildings, where you children can play with vintage toys or run around in peaceful surroundings.
- Kristiansand Cannon Museum (40 minute drive) - A museum at Møvik, 8 kilometers west. The museum has collected authentic equipment from a former military installation.
- The small Odderøya Island and neighborhoods at just few minutes from Kristiansand Town (30 minute drive)
- Myren gård (30 minute drive) - A somewhat secluded but lovely park located by the sea. Overlooking the western Harbor of Kristiansand and ideal for picnics.
- Movik Fort (40 minute by car), a former German fort, part of the Atlantic Wall, used during the Second World War.
Fantastic place Fantastic host”