The Castaway Cottage
The Castaway Cottage
What do you get when you mix 19th-century architecture with miles of Atlantic shoreline? A secluded, 4-acre oceanfront beach cottage with unlimited character and unsurpassed privacy. Nestled among the sand dunes, directly on Roy Carpenter’s Beach, this 1899 Queen Anne Victorian-style home offers three bedrooms, four bathrooms, a wraparound deck, and incredible water views from every room, be it the ocean or salt ponds.
There is plenty of room to entertain family and friends in this 2800 square foot charming oceanfront residence. Entrants will be amazed at the home’s fine touches and details that capture the style of the period. It features unadulterated materials of brick, knotty pine, wide plank flooring, exposed rustic beams, and a butler’s pantry while still offering modern conveniences like high-speed WiFi, multiple TVs with streaming capabilities, and a top of the line washer/dryer. Comfortable seating abounds in the living room, and a dining table for eight ensure that quality time with one another is a breeze.
This cottage graciously accommodates 12 guests. The primary bedroom offers a king bed, a futon, and a large balcony that peers out over the water. The second bedroom features a queen bed, and the third has two sets of twin bunk beds. Each of your traveling companions can drift off to sleep with the sounds and tranquility of the Atlantic surf at your doorstep.
Entertainment awaits with the privacy of your own beach for swimming, surfing, or reading a book in the sand. Cards Pond is to the north with calm waters for kayaking or paddleboarding. You’ll appreciate Castaway Cottage’s central location to four of the state’s most popular beaches: East Matunuck, Roger Wheeler, Scarborough, and Salty Brine. Several nearby activities include museums, biking trails, and nature preserves.
This is the ultimate beach house to get away from it all and just unplug.
Private Residence with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2900 square feet, 270 square meters
King, Queen, and Bunk
12 guests maximum
Bradley International Airport (BDL)
90 minutes by car (rental car)
Ocean and salt pond views
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Roy Carpenter's Beach (1 mile away)
- South Kingstown Town Beach (1 mile away)
- Adventureland Family Fun Park - mini golf, bumper boats, go karts, games, a Victorian style carousel, and more!
- South County Museum
- Kayaking, canoeing, SUP, swimming, surfing
- Nature preserves
- Biking trails
Places of Interest
- Narragansett Town Beach (20 minute drive)
- East Matunuck State Beach (15 minute drive)
- Roger Wheeler State Beach (20 minute drive)
- Scarborough State Beach (20 minute drive)
- Salty Brine State Beach (25 minute drive)
- Beavertail State Park (40 minute drive)
- The Towers (20 minute drive) - 19th-century landmark with events
- Yawgoo Valley Ski Area & Water Park (30 minute drive)