Luxury Swiss Chalet Sonnhalde
Looking for a combination between luxury, privacy and space in an all year-round ski resort in Switzerland? Located 1800m above sea level in a high plateau in the snow-assured ski area, Luxury Swiss Chalet Sonnhalde in Switzerland was built with beautiful natural timbers and is a structure of grand proportions right in the heart of Saas-Fee. Also know as ‘The Pearl of the Alps’, the Saas Valley provides the world's best up close and personal glacier skiing experience.
Step inside this magnificent Chalet and leave your ski equipment in the entrance in the boot drying rack and storage for helmets. With beautiful high vaulted wooden ceilings, the floor-to-ceiling windows provide uninterrupted views and provide natural light to the spaces that are distributed over 5 floors and a mezzanine. This 2260 sq ft. (210m2) property also features a private sauna, 4 luxurious bedrooms with 5 bathrooms and a large terraces for where to enjoy the 360 degree views of the surrounding mountains. The gentle palette of colors is accented by bespoke pieces of wooden furniture and interior stone work. Deep sofas, footstools and accessories make this Luxury Swiss Chalet you holiday home away from home.
With some of the best 360 views in Saas-Fee, the Chalet can host up to 13 guests in total, and so it is an ideal base for a family or a larger group. The living room of this property is a fantastic place to relax and unwind after a long day in the mountains, whilst the top floor, apart from offering stunning views, contains a bar area, a fully equipped kitchen, a dining area and a cosy seating area with a fire place. Guests will also enjoy the two TV areas, one in a study on the ground floor and one on the mezzanine floor.
Luxury Swiss Chalet Sonnhalde has 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, all of which have been finished to the same high end and quality. While the building boasts wrap-around balconies on each floor some accessing the bedrooms, the master suite features a king size bed and an ensuite bath and shower. The other 2 bedrooms has 2 double beds that can be made in single beds, with one en-suite shower and the other a shower next door. Boasting bunk beds, the last bedroom sleeps 5 guests, and guests will find a double sofa bed in the study set up for working with a desk.
This family-friendly Chalet is a wonderful property in the heart of Saas-Fee village with a great position for ski access. Stroll around the lovely cobbled streets through the village that has a good range of shops, cafes, and restaurants all surrounded by deep snow and enjoy a snowy lunch at the charming Schaferstube restaurant!
Distinguished by 217 miles (350kms) of thematic and hiking trails as well as special offerings for families and children, Saas Valley boasts 9 miles (15kms) of pistes of all levels of difficulty, which are considered to be snow-assured all year round. 22 railways lead to the pistes, including the well-known Metro Alpin (Alpine Metro), which takes you to Drehrestaurant Allalin, the world's highest revolving restaurant, situated 11,000 ft. (3352m) above sea level!
Lying on a high plateau of the Saas Valley, ‘The Pearl of the Alps’ is an ideal starting point for the high altitude trails, and the main attraction is Mattmark, the largest earth dam in Europe, which is also for its wild and romantic location. When you are not skiing or snowboarding, other activities include chilling out in one of the many wellness centres, ice-climbing on the glacier, dog sledding, sledding, snow tubing, snow kiting, winter walking trails, visiting the famous ice pavilion, or even learning how to brew beer!
Condo with 5 levels
4 bedrooms, 5 baths, 2260 square feet, 210 square meters
King, Full, Full, and Bunk
13 guests maximum
Geneva International Airport / Milan Malpensa
Geneva Airport (3 hours and 10 minute drive) / Milan Malpensa (3 hour drive)
Enjoy beautiful views of the surrounding mountains!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wine Country
- Adventure World - Follow the tree-top circuit and experience the spectacular zip lines and nature while getting your adrenaline fix!
- Along the banks of the Fee Vispe Trail - Along the way, cross the adventure forest and enjoy superb views of Saas-Fee!
- Brewing beer - Visit one of Switzerland's smallest breweries and try the local Gletscher Bräu (glacier beer)!
- Glacier Trail - Offering hikers wonderful insights into nature, this trail through a glaciated landscape has a number of scenic viewpoints that should not be missed!
- Gorge-Alpine - Using Zip Line, rope bridges, ladders and ropes to traverse the Fee Gorge, adventure tour takes you through the gorge between Saas-Fee and Saas-Grund!
- Mittelallalin Ice Pavilion - Connecting the summit station of the "Metro-Alpin" cable car with a 53,819 sq ft. (5000m2) ice cave, this 229 ft. (70m) long gallery guarantees a thrilling experience for children and adults!
- Rafting - Ready for rafting, kayaking, canyoning or even hydrospeed on the most beautiful courses in Valais? The adventure begins whenever you want!
- Aqua Allalin - Embark on a special journey of Alpine wellbeing when you step foot in the Aqua Allalin. Relax in the whirlpool and take in breathtaking views and mountain panoramas while you soak.
Places of Interest
- No places of interest provided by owner