Splendid Apartment in the famous “Huis Ter Duin” complex
Located in the famous “Huis Ter Duin” complex on top of the highest dune of the coastal town of Noordwijk aan Zee, just a short distance from Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Haarlem, this splendid Apartment provides you with privacy, tranquillity, and outdoor activities throughout the year.
Adapted to guests with impaired mobility, this inviting and charming apartment is located within walking distance to the boulevards and shopping area, and the beach and the dunes, where guests will be able to enjoy relaxing strolls along the sea as well as the many options for entertainment to be found in the area.
Benefiting from unobstructed sea views stretching from Amsterdam to Katwijk, this charming Apartment was designed and created in a warm and comfortable atmosphere. Furnished with a lounge area and a counter stools, the terrace offer an additional living space that, thanks to their low profile and continuous floor level, are an integral part of the apartment. Here is where guests will be able to enjoy the beautiful 8 miles (13km) of coastline that the seaside resort offers, making even the Sea part of your this apartment.
The large sliding windows of the living room connect the sunbathed terrace with the open plan living areas. Beautifully appointed with wood floors and light walls, the open plan living room includes a dining table and its adjacent kitchen and a seating area from where to enjoy the restful panorama. The comfortable interiors and furniture are designed to make the best of your vacation along the Dutch coast!
Gather in style around the dining room table to enjoy some traditional Poffertjes, the famous Dutch pancakes traditionally served with melted butter and dusted with icing sugar!
The stunning master bedroom is furnished with a king bed swathed in luxurious linens. Equipped with a large walk-in shower, the bathroom enjoys a relaxing spa-like feel.
This charming Apartment is proud to deliver an exceptional experience for every guest, who can also enjoy the convenience of having the use of 2 beds and windshield at the Breakers Beach House, as well as the facilities of the adjacent 5-star Hotel Huis Ter Duin, such as a restaurant that carries a Michelin star, an indoor swimming pool, a wellness centre, a spa, and a bar. Inspired by the American Long Beach and Victorian style, Breakers Beach House is often referred to as the French Riviera of the Netherlands.
Known as the “Flower Seaside Resort of Europe”, Noordwijk is a modern coastal town with a rich history. With a large array of beautiful museums, cultural attractions and great events, there’s always something going on in Noordwijk’s cultural world, with events such as ‘Opera Ann Zee’ (Opera at the Seaside), open-air theatre performances and the Pointer’s Festival.
Rent a bike (both electric bikes as well as regular bikes) at the Hotel Huis Ter Duin and discover this beautiful area with the walking- and cycling routes, some of them following unique and permanent open-air exhibitions! Enjoy the spectacular views and skies and spot wild animals in the dunes! With various cultural activities and events organised on the beach, experience culture at the beach with your toes in the sand.
May you wish to discover the capital city of the Netherlands, a short 50-minute drive will lead you to the Dam Square, the Royal Palace and the 15th-century Nieuwe Kerk. Once the central marketplace of Amsterdam, Dam Square is nowadays the beating heart of the city, with both the Royal Palace and the Nieuwe Kerk surrounding the National Monument, which commemorates the victims of the Second World War.
Described by The New York Times as ‘a charming mixture of designer boutiques, art galleries, vintage clothing stores, gift shops and places to eat and drink’, the very picturesque Nine Streets offer guests idyllic views of the city’s Golden Age architecture and Canal Belt. Guests wishing to discover the ‘Amsterdam-cut’ will make their way to the Gassan Diamonds factory ; situated in a beautifully restored building dating back to the 19th century, you will be able to view the diamond polishers at their craft and will be explained how to turn rough diamonds into dazzling brilliants!
While strolling around the city centre by walk or by bike, guests will have the unique opportunity to step into the house where Anne Frank spent two years and where her diary was found. Guests will be humbled as they pass through a door concealed by a bookcase and the decor has been preserved just as it was in 1944, including the photos that Anne had pinned to the wall of her room. The tickets entrance and time slot must be booked in advance.
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 624 square feet, 58 square meters
2 guests maximum
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
About 30 minutes driving
Enjoy a 180-degree unobstructed view from Amsterdam to Katwijk! Non-Smoking (only outside at the terrace)
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
The guests will have the opportunity to take part in a 3’-hour ‘sloep’ boat tour organized by the Host. The skipper is nautical qualified and award winning with sailing yacht, born and raised in Amsterdam. During the tour, the guests will be introduced and explained Amsterdam at its best! The boat tour includes local bites and drinks (weekdays after 6PM, weekends all day). Service at an additional coast to be booked with the Host prior arrival. Languages spoken: English and German fluently, Spanish, French and Italian sufficiently.
Guest member can request directly to the host about the service fees and activity details.
Swimming pool + Sauna $20 (per day, per person)
Swimming pool only $8 (per day, per person)
Activities of Interest
- Azzurro Wellness (5 min walk) - A great place to do a workout and then relax in the pool, sauna and Jacuzzi area. Follow through with an aqua massage and a cup of coffee.
- Noordwijkse Golfclub (10 min drive) - The combination of its layout near the North Sea shore gives this stunning golf course its links character, while the remarkable views and architecture makes this course very challenging.
- Kagerzoom Golf (20 min drive) - Awarded the A-status of the Netherlands Golf Federation, this golf course course was designed by Gerard Jol and is a typical “polderbaan” with plenty of water in play!
- Boutique shopping in Noordwijk
- Cruising on the canals of Haarlem is a must (Spaarnwoude)
- Madurodam (30 min drive) - This park full of beautiful miniatures, activities and attractions brings the Netherlands to life on a tiny scale!
Places of Interest
- Keukenhof (20 min drive) - Also known as the ‘Garden of Europe’, it deals with the world's largest tulip garden with over 7 million bulbs that are planted by hand every autumn.
- Leiden (25 min drive) - Famous for cycling, this historic city is famous for having the oldest university of the country, and the birthplace of Rembrandt van Rijn is located nearby.
- Paleis Huis Ten Bosch (30 min drive) - Situated in The Hague, this royal palace is one of 3 official residences of the Dutch monarch.
- National Park Hollandse Duinen (35 min drive) - With dunes and wild nature, this is one of the country's most valuable nature reserves.
- Haarlem (40 min drive) - Haarlem centre offers a mix of luxury and vintage boutiques and high end branding shops.
- The Hague (45 min drive) - Seat of government of the Netherlands, the city boasts many monuments, chic hotels, and a political heart.
- Amsterdam (50 min drive) - The capital and largest city in the Netherlands, the city is the world's most multi-cultural city.
- Rotterdam (1 hour drive) - Major European port and second largest city of the country, Rotterdam is Europe's largest seaport.