Casa Vagantes Ermita
Located in a charming neighborhood of La Ermita, in the heart of Mérida, Yucatán, Casa Vagantes Ermita combines beautiful architecture dating back to the 1800s with comfort and contemporary design.
This colorful neighbourhood of Merida will immediately capture guests' attentio ; the color of its houses and its old mansions, its streets with French cobblestone, its temple and its tranquility distinguish it, as if it were a placid little town outside the city.
The concept of this project was to recover an abandoned building in the city center and turn it into a luxury loft, perfect for couples who want to immerse themselves deep in Mérida’s old town with style.
Outside, the facade was made up to show the construction techniques and reveal the time's scars in the building.
Inside, by taking advantage of the present structure with high ceilings and brick walls, a small, but fascinating corridor was designed using rustic elements, like striped wood and fine modern materials. The result is an unforgettable experience that reminds the traditional Spanish patios, including a body of water to refresh the ambiance during the warm days.
The layout of this loft is planned to integrate indoors/outdoors. The kitchen-dining area is integrated with the living room, helicoidal stairs connect the area to the mezzanine, where guests can find a relaxing space to rest.
This property offers close proximity to plenty of quintessential Mexican towns, making it easy to hop off on a day trip in the morning. Head to Progreso for a day filled with sand, surf, and delicious seafood, or experience the cultural heart of Yucatán.
Mayan ruins and cenotes abound in the area, perfect for the adventurer or history couple buff. With so much to see and do, you’ll love having this stylish retreat to return to.
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 860 square feet, 80 square meters
2 guests maximum
Mérida International Airport
25 mintes by car
Views of the traditional Barrio de la Ermita y Hanal Pixan
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Lawson's Original Yucatan Excursions (15 minute drive) - This private tour company cooks up unique itineraries to make sure your group sees the best of the peninsula.
- Yucatan Cenote Eco-Aventuras (15 minute drive) - A unique adventures to a famous cenote awaits you with this amazing company.
- Reserva Ecologica El Corchito (50 minute drive) - This natural reserve boasts crystal clear waters and cenotes.
- Progreso Yucatan Mexico Fishing Tours (50 minute drive) - Head out on the water with this fishing charter to try and reel in the big one.
Places of Interest
- Mérida Historic District (10 minute by car) - Take a day trip to the cultural capital of the Yucatán Peninsula.
- Maasai Maya Bistro (1 hour by car) - This charming eatery offers up the very best of Italy in Mexico!
- Progreso Beach (1 hour by car) - Get away from your private paradise for a day and explore this popular beach!
- Silcer Club de Playa (1 hour by car) - The food at this chic beach club is delicious!