Ronda Mountain Resort
Ronda Mountain Resort is a peaceful retreat in the very heart of the Serranía de Ronda, in the Malaga countryside. Situated in a plot of 100,000 m2 (24.7 square acres), the property is surrounded by beautiful pathways waiting to be explored, creeks, wide lush vegetation, horse riding, and stunning views wherever you go!
The property receives up to 14 guests with comfort. There are 6 bedrooms and plenty of living areas. Features included a sauna, hydro massage shower, cinema, game room, and a library full of inspiring books. A variety of spaces where guests can come to work, develop creative projects, share ideas, rest with the family or have fun with friends.
Following the traditional Spanish architectural style, the design of this house is centered on the main Patio, which connects the rooms with the outdoors and its wonderful vistas. The result is a pleasant experience, where old traditional charm is blended with modern comfort.
Outdoors, guests will find a large swimming pool, a Jacuzzi, surrounded by a lovely lawn, and space for a barbeque or a flavorful meal from a wood-fired oven.
Indoors, the lounge area with fireplace is perfect for socializing, having some of the tasty local wines, or just spending quality time with friends and family.
As the kitchen is an important place in a Spanish home, do as the Spaniards do, invite your family and friends to cook with you! For those who love to cook, the fully equipped kitchen will be a delight.
When the night comes, guests will find superb accommodations, each decorated in a unique style, combining warm vibes with gentle tones.
The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom centered around a large claw-foot bathtub with gilded fittings under a window looking out over the natural surroundings.
Then, there is a Finnish sauna with all of the oils and scents you need to bring bodily balance and eliminate toxins. All of this is distributed along a corridor that leads to the main bedroom, with linear decoration, a large wardrobe-dressing room, and two balconies that provide very special lighting for the room.
The next outstanding room is a welcoming hall that receives guests with a very special detail: a telescope to observe and admire the stars in the mountain sky.
At the end of the corridor, there is the room in the Rasero turret, a square room with a wooden ceiling from where to enjoy the two different views, thanks to its two balconies: the main access courtyard and side views of the mountains.
Other bedrooms, including a family suite, are highly personalized, with furniture brought specially to fit into this charming setting: vintage corner wardrobes, four-poster beds, rugs, curtains, trunks. All in the highest quality wood and hand-embroidered fabrics add charm and character to the rooms.
Stays at this property will provide an incredible feeling of privacy and relaxation, thanks to its exclusive location. When you want a little bit of excitement and action, plenty of attractions are easily reachable.
Marbella, a hub of growing and developing international tourism and world-renowned Puerto Banús, famous for its luxury yachts, boutiques and restaurants are located at only 58 kilometers (36 miles).
Nearby, in just 10 minutes you will find the enchanting historic city of Ronda, where you can spend a delightful day on its old streets. For those who love outdoor sports, there are myriads of hike paths, water sports, and golf courses reachable at short drive distances.
For those who like to enjoy fine wines, the region between Gibraltar and Malaga has many famous wineries! If you like history and culture, be sure to visit the cities of Seville and Malaga. These cities will offer you a truly Andalusian experience, with their vibrant culture, history, and rich cuisine.
Resort Residence with 1 level
6 bedrooms, 5 baths, 7500 square feet, 697 square meters
King, King, King, King, King, and King
14 guests maximum
Malaga Costa del Sol ( AGP)
1 hour 20 minutes by car
Beautiful mountain views!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- The area is not called the Costa del Golf for nothing. Some of best golf courses in Spain and the golfing world are less than an hour's drive away.
- Surfing - for real aficionados this can be found on the Costa de la Luz, an hour way from Casa Sońana. Here you'll find, beautiful, natural beaches which stretch for miles and some of Europe's best locations for surfing, windsurfing and kite surfing.
- Horse-riding - in a culture steeped in equestrianism with those inimitable Sevillian horses.
- Walking - is plentiful, whether gentle strolls or more demanding treks in the high sierra, Casa Sońana is surrounded by national parks which protect one of Spain's and Europe's greatest wildernesses.
- Mountain and rock climbing, whether it be in the gorges of El Chorro or the cliff faces of the Sierra De Ronda, this area has much to offer the keen climber.
Places of Interest
- Andalucians love life. This is no more exemplified in their ubiquitous fiestas and ferias. These fiesta's, especially the local ones, are great fun and if you can incorporate your holiday around them, you wont be disappointed.
- The stunning town of Ronda lays on top of two rocks formation split by an spectacular gorge. This separates the old Town from the modern part of the city and it's linked by three bridges from different ages: Roman, Arabic and the 18th Century.
- Wander around the historical centre of Malaga its narrow streets. Relax while savoring a glass of Malaga's moscatel and enjoy the delicious fish and seafood of the area. Don't forget to visit Picasso's birthplace-museum and the new Centre Pompidou!
- Only two hours away, discover one of the greatest treasure of Al-Andalus: Granada. Admire the grandiose architecture of the Alhambra built in the 9th century, contemplate the sunset from the Albayzín and stroll around the streets of this magical city!
We really enjoyed our stay at this beautiful property. A very well equipped home with every amenity available to ensure a comfortable stay. The access to the property however was on a treacherous road full of bumps and potholes, and a taxi refused to collect us on the last night due to the condition of the road. Ronda is a charming town with really good restaurants . Anna and Juan looked after us really well while we stayed there. We enjoyed a fire in the evenings and having the hot tub heated was invaluable as the weather wasn’t great . A thoroughly enjoyable stay once we were on site! Thank you so much! ”
The Ronda Mountain Resort is a beautiful home out in the country near Ronda. A big house with lots of room in and out. Kitchen is very large and well outfitted. Lots of everything and a large table for everyone to gather around. Tons of character throughout, both in bedrooms and family rooms. Large fireplace in the living room that was great on the rainy days. Always a ton of wood to keep the fire roaring. Beautiful pool and jacuzzi but we weren't able to use them due to the weather, we selected a particularly rainy week. But we did use the nice outdoor grill, perfect for some big steaks. Meant to use the outdoor pizza oven, but never got to it. The caretakers are so friendly and helpful, they really make you feel at home as does Pedro, their friendly dog. We only used about half of the house but I look forward to returning with more friends in the summer or fall. Only about 10 minutes to all the markets and shops, the drive in looks daunting at first glance, but it actually becomes second nature after the first trip. Thank you Luis for a great vacation.”