Charming Jamestown Home (across the bay from Newport)
Charming Jamestown Home
This delightful coastal cottage is snuggled cozily in the charming Rhode Island town of Jamestown. Accessible by bridge or ferry, Jamestown sits on Conanicut Island between Narragansett Bay and Newport, home of many turn of the century mansions built by the Vanderbilts and Astors, to name a few. Located in a quaint neighborhood, just one block from the water and walking distance to the Jamestown Wood Pile Pier, where charming storefronts and dining options are near, your stay is sure to be sweet.
You will first be enchanted by the whimsical front porch and the classic New England beach house curb appeal as you pull up to the home. You can park in front of the two-car garage that stores bikes, a ping pong table, and plenty of beach equipment. A basketball hoop is in the driveway, providing even more outdoor entertainment for family fun. Walk up the front steps and onto the porch, where you are sure to spend mornings drinking coffee in the wicker or rocking chair of your choice. With a well-manicured lawn, the views are refreshing and captivating.
The whimsy doesn't end as you enter the home and are welcomed by wood floors throughout, crown molding, and natural light flooding through the windows. A formal living room through double doors is the perfect place to bring more hygge into your life. Built-in shelves filled with books line one side of the wall with a window seat opposite, providing the ideal place for a beach read. The two facing loveseats are inviting for a night by the fireplace. The open kitchen overlooks the back porch and maintains the coastal charm the rest of the home possesses. With barstool seating, it is perfect for an early morning breakfast at the counter. Off the kitchen is a formal dining room with farmhouse feels and plantation shutters on the lower halves of the windows. The pleasing shutters continue into the main floor office space with a daybed and more comfortable seating to hide away and read a summer classic or catch up on some emails.
Upstairs, three bedrooms await while the spacious basement houses a large suite as well as a second living area which is great for kids.
Set on a prime corner lot, there is plenty of room for the kids to play Wiffle ball or the adults to play bocce ball right on the property while the others sit on the front porch taking in partial water views. The outdoor shower provides convenience for those sandy days at the beach, and with a grill outside, you will spend plenty of time in the Rhode Island sun!
Private Residence with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2300 square feet, 214 square meters
Full, Full, Full, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Rhode Island T.F. Green International Airport (PVD)
30 minutes by car
Just a block from the water!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Brenton Point State Park
- Beavertail State Park
- Castle Hill Light House
- Naval War College Museum
- Galilee Fishing Village
- Rose Island
- Goat Island
- Dutch island Lighthouse
- The Ocean Drive - Ten Mile Drive
- International Tennis Hall of Fame
- Iggy's Chowder House
- Whalers Brewing Company
- The Mohegan Bluffs
- Block Island
- Fort Adams State Park
Places of Interest
- Newport (10 minute drive)- Walk down charming Thames street and yacht watch from the harbors or drive over to see the mansions on this history-filled island
- Narragansett (20 minute drive)- Walk the Narragansett Pier and find both fine and casual dining options and coastal stores along the way
- Downtown Jamestown/ Conanicus Avenue (10 minute walk)- Just a short walk away, the enchanting area offers A Slice of Heaven, East Ferry Market and Deli, Narragansett Cafe, and Jamestown True Value Hardware Store, and more!
- Beavertail State Park (10 minute drive)- This public recreation land is perfect for sightseeing, hiking, or simply enjoying breeze off the rocky coast
- Historic Wickford Village (15 minute drive)- shop along this sweet Main street and find one of a kind gems to commemorate your travels