Big Bear BaseCamp Cabin
Big Bear BaseCamp Cabin
Location, Location, Location! This exquisite cabin sits only four doors down from Snow Summit Ski Resort and is less than ten minutes from its sister resort, Big Bear Mountain. BaseCamp is a modern take on the classic mountain chalet that beautifully combines the old and new amidst Big Bear's renowned alpine setting. Newly modernized and designed for the modern adventurer. No matter your passion, BaseCamp has got something for everyone.
Your stunning log-cabin-inspired accommodations include a two-story main house featuring three bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a bonus room, plus a well-appointed one-bedroom, one-bathroom guest house with a bar, kitchenette, and pool table. You can expect clean contemporary lines with contrasting warm wood tones, understated style, and bright, lofty interiors that frame the forest beyond.
The main house provides you with incredibly spacious common areas for dining, relaxing, and entertaining. After you return from the slopes, convene for a hot meal at the 10-seat dining table across from the cozy rock fireplace. Inspired chefs will be busy perfecting their favorite dishes in the kitchen, fully equipped with ample counter space and high-end stainless steel appliances. Before heading upstairs, be sure to check out the bonus room, which features a full-size futon sofa and flat-screen TV, or the main level bedroom, which includes a full-size bed coupled with a bunk bed.
The second floor is where you'll find the expansive living room. It's here where you can settle into comfy furniture, watch movies and shows on the flat-screen, and warm up in front of a second rock fireplace. Not to mention there's also a bar area, perfect for libations après-ski. The master is situated just a few steps away and has a comfortable queen-size bed, en suite, and doors to the upper deck.
Meanwhile, at the guest house, you'll enjoy a spacious living area equipped with a flat-screen, pool table, plenty of seating, and a well-equipped kitchenette with bar seating. It also provides a large bedroom with a king-size bed and a full bathroom.
BaseCamp includes a wonderful back patio where you can enjoy picnic-style seating, a grill for all of your BBQ needs, and a rejuvenating hot tub. It also boasts amenities not found in your typical vacation rental, designed by adventurers for adventurers. From a fully capable mudroom with racks and storage for your adventure stuff to the 'Oso Rehab Shop' — a room dedicated to working on your toys and equipment, featuring a fully outfitted workbench, racks for bikes, skis, and boards. A 'wax box' to fine-tune your board or skies. A jack stand for your motorcycle if you need to put a wrench on it, and a bike wash rack just outside. Then try your hand at the ping-pong table to put a different spin on 'the shop,' or head out the backslider to the horseshoe pitch.
Private Residence with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3675 square feet, 342 square meters
King, King, Queen, Full, and Other
16 guests maximum
Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
1 hour & 45 minutes by car
Beautiful alpine setting
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Alpine Slide at Magic Mountain — Year-round facility offers winter bobsled tracks & summer water slides, accessed via a chairlift.
- Big Bear Lake Village — Bustling shopping, dining, & entertainment district.
- Mountain biking
- Kayak, canoe, & paddle board
- Pontoon and fishing boat rentals
- Jet ski rentals
- Wakeboarding lessons
Places of Interest
- Snow Summit Ski Resort (only 4 doors down) — Long-running resort offering 31 runs & 240 acres of skiable terrain with lifts & trails for all ability levels. Plus XC skiing, snowboarding, biking, zipping, climbing & more.
- Bear Mountain Ski Resort (10 minute drive) — Prominent ski mountain featuring 4 peaks & 12 lifts, plus lessons, rentals & dining.
- Big Bear Alpine Zoo (5 minute drive) — Spacious zoo housing wildlife in need & rehabilitating them for return to their natural environment.
- Big Bear Lake (5 minute drive) — This celebrated, mountain lake features year-round outdoor recreation, fishing & ranging wildlife.
- Big Bear Snow Play (5 minute drive) — Family-friendly resort with snowy slopes for tubing, plus a magic carpet ride back up to the top.
- Boulder Bay Park (10 minute drive) — About Boulder Bay Park Visitors to this public park can canoe & kayak on the lake or hike among rock formations.