Luxury Log Home at 4 season Wisp Resort (ski-in/ski-out with Deep Creek Lake views; includes also private dock access)
Luxury Log Home at Wisp Resort (ski-in/ski-out with lake views & dock access)
Welcome home to this incredible Luxury Log Home at Wisp Resort! With ski-in/ ski-out access and Deep Creek Lake views, you will feel one with nature year round. The crisp mountain air mixed with the cabin's rustic charm creates a natural and effortless cozy ambiance for all who enter. The home features two home theaters, an indoor/outdoor hot tub, an outdoor kitchen, and an outdoor pizza oven along with a fire pit. Your stay also includes exclusive acess to a private lakefront property (just 10 minute drive from the home) with dock access and available kayaks, along with options for all water sport activities. You and your crew are sure to have a vacation to remember!
Wisp Ski Resort, located just a few steps away from home, boasts seven chair lifts and 25+ runs. Just jump on an inner tube and speed down the slopes with your family or friends if you want to change it up. Zip Line tours at Flying Squirrel Canopy, two golf courses, and a mountain coaster offer even more fun during the summer months. There is also a mountaintop recirculating whitewater rafting course, minutes away from the property, that offers rafting and kayaking adventures.
As you walk into the grand estate, you will notice the continuation of logs that line the vaulted ceilings of the upstairs great room. Large picturesque windows allow natural light to add warmth to the room. The stone fireplace is another focal feature that will create the perfect setting for a place to sit in the early mornings with a cup of coffee or at night under a blanket with a glass of wine. A second living space with a fireplace and plush seating makes for an ideal spot to end the day.
There is a gourmet kitchen and dining space for you and your loved ones to gather and break bread with welcomed chatter after a long day on the slopes or enjoying the great outdoors.
Graciously accommodating 12 guests over four comfortable sleeping quarters, the entire family will get a restful night's sleep, allowing all to wake with endless energy for the following day's adventure. The master bedroom offers a king-size bed, two additional bedrooms have queen-size beds, while the fourth bedroom is a bunk room with four beds. One of the two home theaters has a pull-out queen sofa for extra guest accommodations, and also features a private bathroom.
Feel free to utilize the owner's mountain bikes, road bikes, and e-bike to explore the local land. Four different rivers are just a short drive away; the Youghiogheny, Savage River, North Branch of Potomac, and Casselman, with exceptional fly fishing. The Lodestone Mountaintop 18-hole Golf Course is just a five-minute drive, designed by Hale Irwin; this course will be an exciting challenge for avid golfers.
Private Residence with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 5 baths, 4300 square feet, 400 square meters
King, Queen, Queen, and Bunk
12 guests maximum
Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT); Washington DC area airports
1.5 hours by car from Pittsburgh; 2.5 hours from Washington, DC
Enjoy spectacular views of Deep Creek Lake; only a few steps to the adjacent Wisp Ski Resort! Includes exclusive acess to a private lakefront property with dock
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wisp Resort Mountain Coaster
- Flying Squirrel Canopy Tour
- Scenic chairlift rides
- Disc golf
- Whitewater rafting & kayaking
- Pontoon boat tours
- Fly fishing along 4 different rivers (Youghigheny, Savage River, North Branch of Potomac, and Casselman)
- Multiple lakefront restaurants and bars
- Mountaintop whitewater rafting course open to the public for either guided rafting or private kayaking; 1 minute away
Places of Interest
- Wisp Resort (5 minute drive) — Maryland's only 4-season ski, golf and recreational destination resort!
- Lodestone Golf Course (3 minute drive) — 18-hole course designed by Hale Irwin with some of the largest greens on the East Coast, sweeping views of mountain ranges and Deep Creek Lake along with stunning rock outcroppings & natural surroundings.
- Deep Creek Lake State Park (20 minute drive) — Maryland's largest man-made lake & surrounding Allegheny Highlands, offering hiking, boating & more; multiple lakefront restaurants
- Simon Pearce Factory Store/Glassblowing (25 minute drive) — Watch master glassblowers at work before you shop for the finished product.
- Frank Lloyd Wright's historic Fallingwater home (1 hour drive)
- Swallow Falls State Park (15 minute drive) — A public recreation area located on the west bank of the Youghiogheny River.