The Green Lodge Aviemore
Surrounded by the pine and birch woodland of Rothiemurchus Forest, The Green Lodge Aviemore is at the heart of the trails network, with the renowned Old Logging Way (the start of some truly epic walks and rides) going past the front door. Perfect for active families and luxury-loving adventurers!
This family home is a great place for families with children and dogs! Furnished to the highest standard to appeal to families and friends who love being out in nature during the day, and enjoy coming back to a fabulously comfortable home at night.
There are 4 bedrooms, three upstairs and one downstairs. Upstairs, bedroom 1 has a super kingsize bed and an ensuite shower room, and there is ample space for a cot if requested. Bedroom 2 has a king-size bed. Bedroom 3 has two single beds. Bedrooms 2 and 3 share a family bathroom with a bathtub.
Downstairs, bedroom 4 has two single beds and it has the downstairs shower room. The beds are super comfortable with a choice of pillows and gorgeous bed linen.
Should one of your group have mobility issues there is ample parking in front of the house, no step at the front door, and a downstairs bedroom (this becomes a single room if wheelchair access is needed - upon request). The downstairs shower room has grab bars in the shower and by the lavatory, and a portable shower seat is provided.
For the safety of little ones, there are retractable stair gates at the foot and top of the stairs, and a cot and high chair can be provided on request.
If you don't feel like going out every day, you can watch the enchanting activity on the bird and squirrel feeders from the sofa, and we provide binoculars and guides to help you identify the garden visitors.
This area is great for kids, and there are masses of opportunities to get them out into nature. There are two fantastic forest zip wire sites within 5 miles, riding lessons, pony trekking, tennis, a climbing wall, trampoline acrobatics, and all manner of watersports at Loch Insh and Loch Morlich, as well as attractions such as the Reindeer Centre, Landmark Adventure Park, and Adventure Zone, not to mention Hamish the polar bear cub at the Highland Wildlife Park.
Dogs are part of the family, and your well-behaved pet is welcome in all of the living areas at The Green Lodge. There is an abundance of stunning dog walks in the surrounding woods - expect your dog to spend the evenings snoozing happily in front of the wood-burning stove!
You can store your bikes and golf clubs - or skis - and an outside tap for hosing down anything - or anyone - that needs it in a lockable shed.
Rafting, pony trekking, tennis, gorge walking, or kayaking? Biking on the flat or up technically challenging mountain trails? Hiking, picnics, or maybe lounging on the comfortable seats in the back garden watching the antics of the birds and adorable red squirrels. It's up to you!
Private Residence with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1560 square feet, 145 square meters
King, King, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
50 minute drive
Scottish pinewoods with red squirrels
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
There is a fee of £25 per dog.
House rules are strictly no dogs in the bedrooms, and we ask you to keep your dog off the furniture in all rooms. No dog may be left alone in the house, unless securely crated.
Activities of Interest
- Castle Stuart Golf Links (45 min by car) - Designed by Mark Parsinen and Gil Hanse, this championship links golf course overlooks the Moray Firth and landmarks synonymous with Inverness and the Black Isle.
- Loch Ness boat tour (1 hour by car) - Climb aboard a RIB speedboat and launch yourself onto the water and the mystery of the Loch Ness monster for a tour in a stunning scenery!
- Inverness Botanic Gardens (50 min by car) - A maze of wild flower meadows, fruit cages, vegetable beds, herb gardens and bug hotels.
Places of Interest
- Inverness Castle (40 min by car) - Overlooking the River Ness, The red sandstone structure, displaying an early castellated style, is the work of a few 19th-century architects.
- Inverness Cathedral (45 min by car) - The northernmost cathedral in mainland Britain was the first new Protestant cathedral to be completed in Great Britain since the Reformation.
- Clava Cairns (40 min by car) - Visit this stunning sacred place, one of Scotland's most evocative prehistoric sites.
- Muir of Ord (1 hour by car) - Famous for its Glen Ord scotch whiskey distillery, the small village is home to Contrast Brasserie, one of the finest restaurants in Inverness.