This beautiful French country property has everything you need for an exciting and unforgettable vacation: the house is set in over 9 acres, there is lots of space and comfort to relax and is in an exceptional location in the idyllic setting of the World-famous Loire Valley, a UNESCO Heritage Site with its grand chateau and centuries-old castles!
Sleeping 14 guests this house has been beautifully renovated and carefully decorated. Perfect for large families or groups of friends, this property has 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, and plenty of spaces and living areas, allowing everyone to enjoy their moments of privacy and peace.
Spread over 3 floors, this home has cozy communal areas on the ground floor, which are perfect for socializing, playing with the kids and spending quality time with your friends.
This home combines today's comfort with the warmth of the countryside and the timeless elegance of French style. You will travel through time with elements and antique furniture from different eras displayed throughout the house.
During your stay, you will be very close to fairy tales places! Be sure to visit the charming villages, as well the famous local vineyards, that produce some of the best wines in the world!
The Val de Loire is an important mark on France's history. In addition to its world-famous chateau, you will find many things to do all year round! Sports, culture, arts, gastronomy!
Estate with 3 levels
7 bedrooms, 6 baths, 6400 square feet, 595 square meters
King, King, King, King, King, King, and 2x Twin
14 guests maximum
2 x super king (1 converts to 2 singles)
4 x king
2 x single
1 x double sofa bed
1 hour drive
From the rear of the house over the garden and down hill over our field to the woods!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
To enhance your stay at L'Ancien Prieuré, the Host can supply a cleaner mid week, upon request at additional charge.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Enjoy a wide selection of water sports nearby, including windsailing, water-skiing and canoeing.
- Brenne Regional Natural Park - This quiet region of small lakes and fields is a perfect place for beautiful walks!
- Admire the beautifully-preserved 12th century frescoes at Saint Martin's church in nearby village of Vic.
- Admire the many porcelain factories of the beautiful town of Limoges
Places of Interest
- La Roche-Posay (20 minutes by car) A place well-known for its beauty products brand, founded in the city 100 years ago. This charming village on the river Creuse has a castle tower and a medieval gate among many historical monuments.
- Angles-sur-l'Anglin (30 minute drive) Officially one of the most beautiful villages in France is surrounded by pretty woodland and fields, the ruins of the Chateau Guichard are set on rocky hills.
- Loches (30 minutes drive) citadel of Loches houses the lovely Logis Royal, the Royal Lodgings’ of Charles VII. It was here that Joan of Arc came to persuade Charles to go to Reims to be crowned King of France!
- Visit the village of Nohant (1-hour drive) where French novelist George Sand lived her lovely chateau. She hosted many famous artists including Frederick Chopin, with whom she had a relationship, Honoré de Balzac and Eugène Delacroix.
- Visit George Sand's Museum located in her original house where she wrote most of her work.