Blackbird Lakeside Cabin
Nestled within its own private garden facing the Marley Lake and with a dedicated waterside deck, this luxurious cabin is an ideal accommodation for young families and couples.
This two-bedroom, two-bathroom one-of-a-kind property features a double-height open plan living and dining space and a spacious outdoor entertaining deck, with large retractable doors that truly bring the outdoors inside.
Designed with a relaxed atmosphere in mind, the open plan living space features a bespoke and convenient folding kitchenette – concealed when not in use – with a wood burner that sits in front of a beautiful stone wall extending into the double-height living area.
Natural materials found in the neighbouring landscape bring the outdoors in further, through the use of Cotswold stone, tonal timbers and statement pendant lighting, which are handwoven in willow by local craftsmen.
Decorated using a rich, earthy colour palette of burnt reds, chocolates and ochres. Layers of natural texture give rustic flair to this lakeside dwelling, with furnishings including deep velvet armchairs, eclectic artwork, vintage finds. A bespoke crafted dining table and chairs; finished with a 9m glazed frontage that floods the room with natural light, creating a warm and cosy environment.
The Cabin overlooks Marley Lake and is conveniently located close to the spa, restaurant and play area. It has its front garden enclosed with planting and a dedicated path. The cabin also has access to the water via a dedicated deck so you can dock your rowing boat or canoe right outside.
The split-level decking provides an amazing entertaining space to enjoy long summer evenings, providing easy access onto the water to enjoy a paddle around Marley Lake’s shores. The bedroom features a luxurious four poster bed and benefits from views into the cabin’s private garden. A separate mezzanine floor acts as a twin or double room and also features a secret den for your little ones underneath the roofs, and a stunning view across the living space and lake.
Private Residence with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1000 square feet, 93 square meters
King and King
4 guests maximum
London Heathrow or Bristol Airport
1 hour 20 minutes
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
There are 5 lakes at The Lakes resort and a Spa with swimming pool, gym and therapy rooms. The resort provides zip wiring, canoeing, paddle boarding and horse riding facilities, and tennis courts.
Activities of Interest
- Hiking - With 3000 miles of public footpaths and an idyllic, flat landscape, the Cotswolds is a walker’s paradise.
- You can tour up-river on a Thames Launch or charter your own craft and spend a day, enjoying the world glide by.
- Bike Ride - Explore the surroundings at the lakes on a bike, whilst taking in the fresh air and stunning views.
- Paddle Boarding - Float on the calm waters of the Lakes and enjoy your time in nature.
Places of Interest
- Burford - A picturesque medieval town featured in Forbes list of Europe’s loveliest places to live.
- Cotswolds Wildlife Park: An excellent option for a family day out, there is a zoo on the grounds of a stately home with a beautiful playground.
- Shakespeare's Stratford - Take in a show performed by the Royal Shakespeare Company
- Blenheim Palace: This World Heritage Site is set within more than 2000 acres of Parkland landscaped by 'Capability' Brown. The Palace itself houses some of the finest collections of European antique furniture.
- Oxford: Explore the birthplace of Alice in Wonderland and enjoy the city's wonderful sights as well as the famous University.
Paul D.September 2022
A beautiful bolt hole
A wonderful visit to this delightful stylish cabin, in the depths of winter with a glorious frozen lake, the fire roaring in the lounge and a chance to unwind and enjoy simple natural pleasures. Highly recommended. Paul, Ali and kids. ”