The Residence @ Vrede en Lust
The Residence is a spacious, luxury villa in the heart of the Cape winelands, South Africa. Located in between Franshhoek, Paarl and Stellenbosch, about 60km from the Cape Town Waterfront and 45km from Cape Town Internationally airport.
Ideal for family gatherings or groups of friends, this spacious 6-bedroom property is conveniently located less than an hour from Capetown and all of its exciting attractions, plus close to so many top winelands wineries, restaurants and other attractions.
This property has been beautifully decorated, bringing all the comforts and facilities that modern life can offer while maintaining its traditions. You will enjoy the tranquility of the farm, having lovely walks, or just enjoying the beautiful view of the mountains while tasting the great varieties of wines from the property!
Vrede en Lust has a wine farm since its founding in 1688. The first vineyards were planted in 1691 and the modern winery completed in 2002. You will be delighted with the curiosities, delicious flavors, and aromas this wine region offers!
The origins of this property date back to 1688, when the then Governor of the Cape assigned this 60-hectare farm to the French Huguenot Jacques de Savoye. During the last 334 years, the property has had many ups and downs. The Buys family became its 17th owners in 1996.
The first Sunday trade in the Cape colony is believed to have occurred at Vrede en Lust due to the first Protestant church built on the property.
At short distances, you will find a variety of possibilities, from beautiful hike paths to exciting water sports. The nearby beaches with perfect waves are a paradise for those who love surfing!
Cape Town is a glittering metropolis juxtaposed with one of the world's most breathtaking natural landscapes. You'll fall in love with this city's khaki-colored beaches, rolling vineyards, sizzling cuisine, thriving nightlife, and, of course, the spectacular Table Mountain.
Private Residence with 2 levels
6 bedrooms, 8 baths, 13500 square feet, 1255 square meters
King, King, King, King, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
12 guests maximum
4 x King Sized XL
2 x Twins XL
Cape Town International Airport
45 minute drive
Great views to the mountains and vineyards of the Franschhoek wine valley
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Wine Tours! Try the good South African wine, as this region is one of the biggest producers in the country!
- Lovely Hike paths and many outdoors sports possibilities
- Kayaking, Paddle boarding, Surfing, Snorkeling, Sailing
- Cycling, windsurfing and kitesurfing, paragliding at Lion's Head or diving at Signal Hill in Cape Town
Places of Interest
- Franschhoek village, the cullinary cpaital of South Africa
- Vrede en Lust Winery, one of South Africa's leading wineries
- Pearl Valley Golf Course, A Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course
- Babylonstoren, nearly winery with famous gardens and spa
- Franschhoek Wine Tram, access 35 wineries by tram directly from Vrede en Lust
- Simonsberg Mountain, enjoy MTB rides, hikes, trail running right above the farm