THISTLETON HOUSE FARM
Thistleton, located in Rutland, United Kingdom, is home to an impressive selection of attractions and experiences.
The location of this property is both tranquil and secluded, with many places to see and visit.
Kirkham (10 mins) offers plenty of cafés, pubs and takeaways and is home to the superb Ribby Hall Village, where you can purchase day passes for their luxurious on-site spa.
The coastal resorts of Lytham and St Annes are within 15 minutes drive, and between them, boast a variety of bars, cafés, shops and restaurants. St Annes also offers a vast, beautiful beach with beautiful coast views.
The area is internationally famous for golf, with four championship golf courses to choose from, and hosts various events such as Lytham Proms and St Annes Kite Festival.
We can find stunning parks and green areas with plenty of activities, such as the Forest of Bowland AONB, Lake District National Park, Ribble Valley, and Yorkshire Dales National Park are all easily accessible too.
This beautiful home of 3982 square feet was built originally as a hay barn and a milking parlour. Now it has been converted into an incredibly spacious contemporary accommodation as true to its original design.
The conversion has been completed to a beautifully high specification and includes luxury additions such as full underfloor heating and a Norwegian wood-burning stove for cosy winter evenings.
Surrounded by beautiful countryside in the rural hamlet of Thistleton, the house is only a 15-minute drive from the fabulous Fylde Coast.
Spacious living areas, such as the bright and airy signature kitchen and dining room, are decorated with a monochrome selection of colours and a blend of contemporary and traditional features. It has high ceilings providing an abundance of natural light and character throughout.
Each of the four bedrooms is generously sized and decorated in a soft and elegant style and can accommodate a maximum of eight guests who will enjoy a comfortable, luminous, and quiet space to relax. The rooms share modern en-suite facilities for their guests.
The outside space is ample and opens into the countryside. With a lounge area and plenty of space, guests can enjoy lovely picnics around and enjoy the fresh air and excursions to discover the nearby parks.
Private Residence with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 3982 square feet, 370 square meters
Full, Full, Full, and Full
2 guests maximum
-Gated property sat on 6 acres
-Patio with outdoor seating for 8
-Old school video arcade machine
1 hour 30 minute drive
Beautiful Barn courtyard and green fields.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Turbary Woods Owl and Bird of Prey Sanctuary (35 mins drive) rescue and rehabilitation centre where visitors can enjoy spectacular views of some of the birds that call the sanctuary home.
- Bowland Wild Boar Park (43 mins drive) The park has a wide variety of animals aswell as places to stay situated in the beautiful bowland park
- Manchester (1 h 4 mins drive) There is plenty to see from art galleries, museums. A massive sporting and music history.
- Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club (21 mins drive) or the famous “British Open”, which started since first hosting the Open in 1926.
- Blackpool Zoo (15 mins drive) Blackpool Zoo is a family friendly attraction, providing fun and education for all ages.
- Marton Mere Holiday Park in Blackpool ( 15 mins drive) experience the seaside gem in all its glory. Guests are spoilt by a range of food and drink venues, including the iconic Boathouse Bar and Restaurant that’s sure to satisfy the family’s tastebuds.
Places of Interest
- Avenham and Miller Parks (33 mins drive) adjoining Parks that lie in the picturesque Avenham valley close to Preston city centre.
- Brockholes Nature Reserve (22 mins drive) Lancashire Wildlife Trust have used their expertise to create habitats for lots of different wildlife
- Blackpool (15 mins drive) Blackpool is the jewel in the crown of the UK's many seaside towns, just as celebrated for its long stretch of beaches as its iconic Tower and world-famous Pleasure Beach.
- Lytham (19 mins drive) Walk along Lytham Green with its spectacular views over the Ribble estuary, visit the historic windmill and museum, or visit the house and gardens of the historic Grade 1 listed Georgian Lytham Hall set on the edge of the town.
- Fylde Coast (14 mins drive) There’s bright lights and razz-a-matazz. History and heritage. Shopping, and plenty of peace and quiet. It’s perfect for all ages and tastes!
- Forest of Bowland AONB (1h 7 mins drive) The area provides one of the finest examples of heather moorland, tranquillity, serenity and isolated location along with its wildlife.
- Lake District National Park (1 h 40 mins drive) It is considered one of England's most scenic regions and is the country's premier destination for hiking and climbing.