Reit im Winkl is a small village on the German/Austrian border in southeastern Bavaria, Germany.
This charming town offers its visitors beautiful green landscapes, crystal clear lakes and beautiful villages and cities in the surrounding area. Whether you prefer outdoor activities or visiting the local sights, Reit im Winkl is ideal for all tastes and ages.
It is well-known for its winter sports - downhill and cross-country skiing - and summer outdoor activities and nearby places of interest. It is one of the villages on the German Alpine Road. The route from the Chiemsee and through to Ruhpolding is one of the most scenic stretches.
During summertime, various activities await visitors, hiking and climbing, trail running and Nordic walking, cycling, and swimming, to name a few!
Chalet Louise perfectly combines a modern and minimalist style with rustic touches, matching the surrounding natural landscape with style.
Large windows allow plenty of natural light, bringing luminosity and a welcoming ambience to the property's beautiful interior spaces.
With a light and soft creamy colour palette, the living spaces provide a sense of elegance and luxury that surrounds guests during their stay.
A minimalist and wooden decor blends the unique character of this property beautifully, creating lovely spaces to relax and enjoy by the fireplace the landscapes with an excellent morning coffee or spending soirees with family, friends or as a couple. The private sauna provides the perfect spot to rest and disconnect after a day of exploring and discovering this remarkable region.
Visitors will be delighted by this fantastic property and its picturesque scenery!
Additional amenities and facilities:
Fireplace, outdoor kitchen, table tennis, e-mountain bikes, bicycles, cross-country ski trail at the front door, several ski areas about 5 minutes by car, ski bus within walking distance, garden with sun terrace, loggia on the 1OG, wellness area with stone pine sauna on the 2OG, fully equipped children's room, hobby and wine cellar.
Private Residence with 3 levels
6 bedrooms, 4 baths, 300 square feet, 28 square meters
King, King, King, Queen, Queen, and Bunk
13 guests maximum
56 minutes drive
Beautiful views of the tame emperor, mountains, forest and field (unobstructed).
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Grießbachklamm (18 mins drive) One of the most beautiful hiking destinations in the Kitzbüheler Alpen. A lot of untouched nature, a rushing torrent and brilliant views.
- Entenlochklamm (14 mins drive) an exciting highlight for family hikes in the Chiemgau Alps.
- Kufstein ( 38 mins drive) Visit the famous fortress above the Inn river, with a museum and the “Heldenorgel”, the largest open-air organ in the world admire the historic houses in the city center, beautifully decorated with tradition and charm!
Places of Interest
- Reit im Winkl, visit the charming city centre and enjoy the local restaurants, shops and sites of interest!
- Traunstein (41 mins) Visiting this district town brings variety to the Reit im Winkl holiday! With Shops, restaurants and cafes await your visit on the large town square and in the adjoining streets of the old town.
- Rosenheim (57 mins drive) Rosenheim welcomes visitors with an alpine atmosphere and Mediterranean ambience; whether shopping or drinking coffee in the coffee roasters or cafes on Max-Josefs-Platz, this city has something for the whole family.
- Day trip to Munich ( 1h 44 mins) A visit to the big city and everything it has to offer! From theater, opera, concerts, clubs and bars to stunning sites and monuments.
Kim C.August 2023
Our first thought was that Chalet Louise has been designed to the owner’s exacting specification. This theory was proven by the Chalet’s inclusion in a book on homes made of wood, which makes for interesting reading if you understand German. We really liked the juxtaposition of nature with the angular, clean lines of the property. The bathrooms are really spectacular and the sauna better than in some hotels. Our favourite spot was the loggia which framed the view of the forest and mountain behind and allowed us to sit outside protected from the elements and enjoy the fresh air day and evening. The beds were also very comfortable and all the furnishings and fittings were top of the range. There were quite a few personal items around, although we personally preferred this to the feeling of an anonymous rent, but the leftover food in the fridge was less welcome. Simply remedied though. Children are very well catered for and adults and children will enjoy the table tennis table on the lower floor. Although the house has 6 bedrooms, the seating/TV area was somewhat limited, so is perhaps more suited to families than groups of adults. The area has plenty of sporting activities and opportunities for day trips in both Germany and Austria. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and loved the house. We would be very happy to return some day. ”