"Marapenda House" is a stunning 5-bedroom safari lodge in Kenya's heart of the magnificent Masai Mara Game Reserve. Nestled in the vast wilderness of the savannah, this exceptional property offers a unique blend of modern comfort and traditional African charm. The house is ideally located near the charming village of Narok, providing guests with easy access to both cultural experiences and the breathtaking wildlife of the Mara.
The exterior of Marapenda House boasts an impressive blend of modern architecture with the surrounding natural beauty. The house is designed to seamlessly merge with the surrounding environment, with large windows and open spaces allowing uninterrupted views of the stunning savannah. The centrepiece of the exterior is the pristine swimming pool strategically positioned to overlook the vast plains and offer an unforgettable safari experience. Guests can lounge in the pool while observing the wildlife in their natural habitat, creating a sense of oneness with nature.
The interior of Marapenda House is a masterpiece of traditional African design, with decor and furnishings crafted using local materials and techniques. The house features five beautifully appointed bedrooms, each uniquely decorated to provide a comfortable and authentic safari experience. Warm earth tones, wooden accents, and indigenous artworks create an inviting and cosy atmosphere. The spacious living areas are adorned with tribal rugs, hand-carved wooden furniture, and traditional Maasai beadwork, offering a true sense of place and culture.
The five bedrooms at Marapenda House are spacious, elegant, and thoughtfully designed. Each room is a sanctuary of comfort, with large beds, plush bedding, and bathrooms that include modern and traditional touches. Guests can expect breathtaking views of the savannah from their private balconies or through large windows that invite the outdoors in.
Located in the renowned Masai Mara Game Reserve, Marapenda House provides guests with unrivalled access to one of the most spectacular wildlife habitats on the planet. The lodge's proximity to Narok offers the opportunity to experience local Kenyan culture and interact with the Maasai people, making it a well-rounded and immersive safari destination.
"Marapenda House" is a captivating safari lodge that combines the best of both worlds – the Masai Mara's natural wonders and Kenya's rich cultural heritage. It is a luxurious and unforgettable destination for those seeking a unique African safari experience in a stylish, traditional, and inviting setting.
From Marapenda you can experience an incredible and diverse range of activities such as privately guided game drives, chefs, food and drink provision, airstrip transfers, spa treatments, cultural visits and much more.
Private Residence with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 6 baths, 7534 square feet, 700 square meters
King, Queen, Full, Full, and Full
10 guests maximum
Mara North airstrip
From Nairobi, 45 minute flight and then 20 minutes transfer by car
Lovely views over the Masai Mara Savannah
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Mandatory Conservancy Fees to be paid:
USD $ 130 per adult per day.
USD $ 70 per child per day.
Activities of Interest
- Talek Gate: This is one of the entry gates to Maasai Mara, and it's a good place to start your safari adventure.
- Enkutoto Forest: A beautiful forested area with hiking and bird-watching opportunities.
- Oloolaimutia River: A picturesque river with picnic spots and a relaxing atmosphere for a peaceful afternoon.
- Hot Air Balloon Safaris: Experience the beauty of Maasai Mara from the air with a hot air balloon safari.
- Horseback Safaris: Explore the wilderness on horseback, an alternative way to experience the landscapes and wildlife of Maasai Mara.
Places of Interest
- Maasai Mara National Reserve: The Maasai Mara is one of the most renowned wildlife reserves in Africa, famous for its annual wildebeest migration.
- Maasai Cultural Visits: Narok is in the heart of Maasai country, and you can visit Maasai villages to learn about their unique culture, traditions, and way of life.
- Narok Museum: This small museum showcases Maasai artifacts, traditional clothing, and information about the history and culture of the Maasai people.
- Maasai Market: Narok often hosts Maasai markets where you can buy Maasai jewelry, crafts, and other souvenirs.