Eco-Friendly New Heights Guana Cay
This spectacular, modern, three-level residence, sits high on the pristine island of Great Guana Cay, and offers panoramic views of the Atlantic and Sea of Abaco from all rooms of the house.
Just recently completed in October 2014!
The contemporary custom design features indoor and outdoor living and dining areas, including eight outside verandas, patios and balconies.
The residence has four bedrooms and bathrooms. The contemporary decor features custom-designed furnishings with stain-resistant fabrics. The style incorporates elements of mid-century, European and contemporary design.
The home provides breathtaking sunrise and sunset views and is a thirty-second walk to a five-mile beach featuring the third largest barrier reef in the Northern Hemisphere.
The Great Room features an open concept kitchen from which you can enjoy panoramic views of water through 14 nine-foot french doors. Enjoy the fully equipped chef's kitchen which includes two substantial islands (one with seating for five in Philippe Starck chairs) a separate coffee/juicing station, wine storage for 40 bottles, a butler’s pantry including a wine fridge/beverage area and desk.
The main dining area, is under a large covered veranda with ceiling fans and sunset views. The dining deck wraps around to a furnished patio that joins the forty-foot long pool.
Perhaps the most prominent feature of the house is the third floor loggia with sunrise and sunset views of the water. It covers one quarter of the main house. The loggia typifies the house’s openness. It is a perfect spot for larger gatherings or for lounging with a flat screen TV and a full bar. Star-gazing from the loggia is breathtaking.
Each of the four bedrooms in the main residence opens onto a private balcony with stunning water views.
On the third level enjoy the private tub room with a modern egg shaped tub.
The best part of our home is the island it sits on. Less than 200 miles from the Florida coast, the Abaco Islands are the hidden jewels of the Bahama.
The Abacos are uncrowded and unspoiled with no high rises or gambling. It is a very casual, laid-back, relaxed atmosphere and perfect for vacation getaways and longer stays. The dress is casual and the lifestyle is friendly.
A very secluded Island with 150 inhabitants, it also has some limitations when it comes to infra structure:
The home is very eco-conscious, rainwater allot of 2,000 gallons per week. We ask our guests to be water usage conscious and this will be enough for 6-8 people during a 7 days stay. If additional water is required, it can be purchased at approximately .22 cents per gallon on Credit Card OR about .13 cents per gallon in Cash (Please note that price can vary). The property manager will purchase additional water if required.
Please note that we use Grey water for the landscaping, it is not the same water for guests.
Here, vacationers enjoy legendary fishing and spectacular diving and snorkeling year round. Boaters cruise the 100 mile long Sea of Abaco protected from the Atlantic by reefs and barrier islands.
Check out this homes website!
Private Residence with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3500 square feet, 326 square meters
Queen, Queen, Queen, and Queen
8 guests maximum
Marsh Harbour Airport (MHH)
35 minutes by ferrry
Panoramic views of the Atlantic and Sea of Abaco
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
There is a mandatory charge of $ 425 (for the week) and this is for a live- in grounds keeper property manager that will be assisting you and making sure that everything runs smoothly, including meet and greet, maintenance of energy generators and swimming pool, concierge services, etc.
If additional mid week housekeeping is desired, it is available for an additional fee.
Activities of Interest
- This may be the best place in the world for diving and snorkeling. Most of the year the water temperature is in the 80's and clarity can better than 150 ft.
- Guana Cay is seven miles long, covered in foliage and surrounded by beaches. The best way to see the island is by golf cart or bicycle.
- Whether it's deep sea, light tackle off the dock, bone fishing in the flats, diving for conch or spearing lobster, fishing is great in Abaco.
- The Sea of Abaco is a favorite of cruisers. Whether fishing, following the dolphins or exploring uninhabited islands a boat always seems to take the vacation to another level of enjoyment.
Places of Interest
- Visit the beach right outside your door. If you are looking for the softest sand and most gorgeous water in the world, then you have found it on Great Guana Cay.
- Grabbers Red Bar and Grille is great for food, drinks, and live entertainment.
- Baker's Bay Golf & Ocean Club's amenities include an oceanfront golf course; club-owned watercraft; a private family beach club; and a world-class spa and fitness facility.
This place is just amazing. Not a lot on this island, but if you want to get away from it all, you can't beat this beautiful property.”