Martis Valley View
Martis Valley View
**Please note that this property is not pet-friendly.**
The locals have a saying in Lake Tahoe, that they "came for the winter, but ended up staying for the summer.” No matter what season you come to Northstar Ski Resort, Lake Tahoe, this incredible five-bedroom home will ensure you want to return! Nestled on 4860 square feet, this casual, classic mountain home offers a peaceful retreat into nature.
Offering mountain-inspired décor and rustic sensibility, the cozy, yet spacious living room in this home offers plenty of plush seating surrounding a grand, stone fireplace, perfect for when the nights get a bit cooler. The state of the art kitchen offers modern appliances that ensure your meals are cooked to perfection, and the charming dining table rests in a sunny nook just off the kitchen, overlooking breathtaking views of the valley.
On the first floor, you’ll find the first bedroom, equipped with a king-sized bed and en-suite bathroom. The other bedroom on this floor has a set of bunk beds with a queen-sized bed and three XL twin-sized beds, as well as another en-suite bathroom. On the second floor, you’ll find the master suite, equipped with a king-sized bed, Jacuzzi bathtub and sunken shower. The last two bedrooms are found on the third floor, one with a queen-sized bed and the other with a queen and a twin.
In the backyard, you’ll find a well-sized hot tub. After a long day of skiing, hiking, or swimming in the crystal blue waters of Lake Tahoe, there’s nothing better than soaking in your own private spa while you take in incredible views of the valley!
Northstar California is known for its world-class ski mountain, challenging golf course, ice skating rink, five-star restaurants, and charming, family-friendly atmosphere. Considered Lake Tahoe’s Cinderella just years ago, today ski concierges help guests take off their equipment at the end of the day while champagne toasts are passed out freely on the mountain, as well as s’mores in the Village below.
One of the greatest things about staying at this charming home is the transportation. Just call the Northstar Dial-a-Ride, and they will pick you up at your front door and take you to the gondolas at the Village, the ice skating rink, or even to the recreation enter where you’ll have access to the main pool, lap pool, splash and kids pool, video games, ping pong, pool tables, hot tubs, fitness room, tennis courts, lockers, and more. The Lodge is an amazing location at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac. It sits directly on 45000 acres of hiking, biking, and wildlife viewing at Martis Valley and the Tompkins Memorial Trail System. To the right is the Northstar Golf Course and Club House, where after your round of golf you can enjoy the grill and a few drinks.
If you feel like doing a little shopping or enjoying fine dining, you’re only a few miles away from Truckee. This town has won numerous awards as one of the best mountains and ski towns in the nation. Feeling a little lucky? Head to one of the best casinos at the Hyatt Lake Tahoe, or travel a little further to South Lake Tahoe for some exciting nightlife and fun.
A typical day at Martis Valley View starts off with a cup of coffee and a relaxing soak in the Jacuzzi while the kids are still asleep. Then enjoy breakfast cooked in the gourmet kitchen! In winter, call for the shuttle and head off to the ski slopes, and in summer you can hike mountain bike, or head for Lake Tahoe, just seven minutes away! By the end of the day, the older kids are behind the reclaimed wood barn doors watching television or playing shuffleboard, the adults are sitting around the fireplace, and the younger kids are in the bunk room watching television or playing ping pong.
Enjoy a rustic retreat at this lovely mountain home!
Private Residence with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4860 square feet, 452 square meters
King, King, Queen, Bunk, and Queen + Twin
10 guests maximum
Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO)
35 minutes by car
Views of the Martis Valley and the Northstar Golf Course!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Tahoe Whitewater Tours - Have the most memorable river rafting experience ever out on Lake Tahoe!
- KidZone Museum - If you've got little ones, they'll have a ball at the KidZone Museum!
- Tahoe Donner Cross Country - These cross country trails are some of the best in the area, sure to test your ability and thrill you to no end!
- Castle Peak Trail - Castle Peak is one of the most popular hiking destinations in the Lake Tahoe Basin, sitting at the throat of an ancient volcano.
- Coyote Moon Golf Course - Come experience one of the finest mountain golf courses in the nation.
Places of Interest
- Lake Tahoe - From boating to swimming to just enjoying the sun, Lake Tahoe offers a mountain of fun activities.
- Northstar Ski Resort - Northstar combines California cool with high-end luxury and a sophisticated mountain atmosphere.
- Squaw Valley Ski Resort - Come experience one of the largest ski areas in all of the United States!
- Donner Memorial State Park and Emigrant Trail Museum - This museum documents the fascinating and tragic history of the Donner Party's journey to the west coast.
- Manzanita - Experience this restaurant's artful cuisine, pairing classic techniques with a modern philosophy at the Ritz Carlton on Lake Tahoe.
Don R.September 2023
We enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back.”
A MemberMarch 2022
We had a wonderful time at Steves beautiful house. We had several family members join us and there was plenty of room for everyone. Our boys loved the shuffleboard game and we enjoyed the hot tub every night after skiing. Mahalo for a great stay! ”
Rodrigo I.January 2018
Great place, great host!”