Eastern Caprivi, Namibia
A Meru Safari Tent at the Ichingo River Lodge
Ichingo Chobe River Lodge is a secluded, luxury hideaway that provides the perfect platform for those wanting to explore the Chobe / Victoria Falls region and to experience all of the activities that are available in this diverse corner of Africa.
Ichingo Chobe River Lodge overlooks the Chobe River on the south side of the Impalila Island at the very eastern tip of the Caprivi Strip.
Although Ichingo stands on an island in Namibia, it is very close to Chobe National Park in Botswana – and some of its activities are boat trips along the Chobe in search of the park's game. Ichingo can easily combined into most trips to Botswana – or even used for a short side-trip of a few days when staying in the Livingstone area.
Accommodation consists of one large, luxury double/twin Meru en-suite tents, beautifully turned out with its own private balcony overlooking the Chobe rapids under a riverine forest.
The main Lodge buildings were built to provide real comfort and include a relaxing lounge, a welcoming bar and a separate open-air dining room.
The large trees and flowing waters promote a secluded, personalized and serene environment in which to completely unwind and enjoy the sights and sounds of a true river experience.
Please Note: Pictures are of the property and are only indicative of the tent you will be staying in.
Condo with 2 levels
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 700 square feet
2 guests maximum
30 minutes by car
The Chobe park and lake
Activities of Interest
- Big 5, Bird Watching, Boating, Catch-and-release Fishing, Fishing, Game Viewing, Safaris, Walks, Adrenaline Activities, Boat Cruises, Cultural Tours, Fly Fishing,
- Game Drives, Game Walks, Helicopter Rides, River Cruises
- No trip to the Chobe is complete without trying your hand at fishing for Tiger. One of the most sought after sport fish, the tiger fish offers anglers the opportunity to land a great fighting fish.
- Owing to the wonderful sightings that both the wildlife and birds provide, the Ichobezi River Lodges are perfectly situated to offer fantastic photographic safaris.
Places of Interest
- Both Ichingo Chobe River Lodge and the Ichobezi Safariboats are in the heart of the Chobe region with access to the river frontage of the Chobe National Park.
- Summer in the Chobe is a colourful affair with over 450 species of bird being found in the grasslands and waterways of our area.
- Livingstone area
- Huge herds of elephant can be seen all year round, often swimming across the river in front of our houseboats, to get to the lush Caprivi grasslands.
- Buffalo, lion, lechwe, puku, giraffe, zebra, sable, kudu and leopard are all frequently seen in this area promising you an unforgettable wildlife experience.
- Concierge Service
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Pool