Blue Ridge Mountain Top
Pisgah National Forest, North Carolina
Blue Ridge Mountain Top Experience
This newly built five bedroom, three bathroom home has great views and a secluded yet convenient location for outdoor adventures and serves as the perfect location for discovering all the best of the Blue Ridge Mountains. This area is ideal for waterfall hiking, mountain biking, fly fishing, and easy access to Brevard and Asheville.
There are panoramic views that start with the sunrise in the east over the Davidson river and French Broad River valleys and last until you enjoy a glass of wine by the outdoor fireplace as the sun sets over the Blue Ridge Parkway, Looking Glass Rock and Black Balsam and Tennant Mountain 10 miles away.
Our private, forested 6 acres backs up to Pisgah National Forest and uses an old gated logging road as our drive and then goes downhill to the fire pit made from hand-set local stone. Enjoy the 1000 square foot porch which has an outdoor living room, dining room table for 10 or more and a second outdoor fireplace. After a rain you can hear Turkey Creek tumbling past at the base of our mountain.
The Interiors were developed with designers using vintage and local materials to create comfortable interiors that are rustic and unpretentious, but up to date with great play of light throughout the day.
There are 35 windows and each one has an attractive view of either the forest or the distant mountains. All the interior walls are hand set kiln dried pine planks from a local sawmill. The floors are hand glazed 150 year old longleaf pine. The exterior was designed to be unobtrusive in its wooded setting and to show respect for regional vernacular design traditions. Landscaping and reforestation, which will take years to complete, are well underway. The master bedroom has terrific views, a fireplace, en suite bath and a seating area.
The downstairs bedroom has two queen beds and an adjacent bath. Bedrooms number three and four are smaller and each one has a queen bed. Bedroom five is a third floor loft which is accessed via a spiral stair and has a king bed, a sink and mirror. In this third floor loft there are two more twin beds that can be partitioned if desired with canvas drapes in place to create a sort of semi-private sixth bedroom area.
There are three fireplaces with gas log lighters and an outdoor fire pit. The kitchen has a dual fuel 48' Viking range, a 200 year old axe-cut sinker cypress island and local slab soapstone countertop. There is broadcast TV only but Wifi and very good 4g /LTE cell service. Unfortunately the stairs make it inconvenient for wheelchair access. Your stay includes use of two dual suspension mountain bikes.
Our cabin has been a place of great joy and togetherness for family and friends!
Single Family Home with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2500 square feet, 233 square meters
King, Queen, Queen, Queen, and King
14 guests maximum
20 minute drive to Asheville airport
Top of a mountain ridge with 300 degree, 10 mile view of the Blue Ridge mountains. Pisgah National Forest, Dupont State Forest and Davidson River Valley. No other nearby houses in view from our large wrap around porches.
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- The best mountain biking in the eastern US starts within 2 miles of our house in Pisgah Natioanl Forest.
- The Davidson River, a top 100 trout stream in the US. is less than 2 miles away.
- Classic drives. The Blue Ridge Parkway called "America's Favorite drive" can be seen in the distance from our porch. Also nearby hwys 276 and 213 have been nominated as some of the best mountain drives in the country.
- Brevard, North Carolina consistently ranks near the top of “best retirement communities” Brevard has great restaurants, music venues and an old fashioned "Mayberry" feel.
- Brevard Music Center Summer Concert Series presents internationally renowned artists in all musical styles in a family friendly outdoor venue.
- Dupont State Forest is a local favorite for family hikers and mountain bikers. Well maintained easy hiking trails linking beautiful waterfalls. "Hunger Games" scenes filmed here.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park "America's most visited national park' is 2 hours away, but can get a great deal of traffic and commercialism in the summer, and is ecologically and topographically identical to our area.
- White water rafting the famous Nantahala river at the renowned Nantahala Outdoor center is 2 1/2 hours away.
- Apple picking in the fall is popular and on the weekends in October includes hayrides, local baked goods and apple cider.
- There are more than 250 waterfalls in Transylvania County to explore. Don't miss Looking Glass Falls ,Triple Falls, Graveyard Fields and Hooker Falls.
- Little ones will enjoy splashing down Sliding Rock, then swimming under looking Glass Falls followed by tubing the Davidson River and then finishing up with ice cream at Dolly's- all within 5-6 miles. of our house.
- Asheville has become a hub for the artistic and relaxed lifestyle. River Arts district, leafy Biltmore Village boutique shopping, and a funky downtown area.,
- Asheville is known as "beer city" for its concentration of highly awarded microbreweries. Beer tours available on foot, bike or 10 person "pubcycle." Sierra Nevada has a huge new brewery/entertainment complex. next to the Asheville Airport.
- Biltmore House and grounds are the top tourist attraction in North Carolina.
Places of Interest
- Pisgah National Forest
- Dupont National Forest
- Asheville, NC
- Highlands and Cashiers NC.
- 250 waterfalls to explore
- Biltmore Mansion
- Superb fly fishing, mountain biking and waterfall hiking
Beautiful owner occupied property
This was a beautiful mountain home, wonderfully furnished with amazing views. Curtis was very easy to work with; very helpful and truly wanted to ensure we enjoyed our stay. There were some housekeeping issues that we encountered and were dealt with, however, providing an information sheet about the property would probably be helpful and making sure the house was cleaned beforehand would be beneficial since this is a second home. Overall, these issues did not detract from our wonderful weekend in the mountains!”
Blue Ridge Mountaintop
Beautiful mountain home with a large screened porch that was our favorite gathering spot. Views provide sunrise and sunset vistas. We admired the house details (large doors with glass panes like a Louisiana plantation) and appreciated the library of guide books for hiking and sightseeing. The guys enjoyed fly fishing and I loved the charming town of Brevard close by. Asheville, 30 minutes away, has much to offer. Jackie Harvey”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo