Con Dao Dist, Viet Nam
Vietnam Modern Residence with Ocean View & Beach Access at Six Senses Con Dao
Vietnam Modern Residence with Ocean View & Beach Access at Six Senses Con Dao Resort information:
True to the Six Senses philosophy of selecting remote, yet accessible destinations in areas of outstanding natural beauty, Con Dao, is an untouched and breathtakingly beautiful area, protected for decades as a national and marine park.
Six Senses Con Dao is the first five-star resort in the Con Dao archipelago of islands. With a passionate commitment to supporting and protecting the environment, the resort has been developed with the very lightest ecological footprint.
Six Senses Con Dao is set in an area of outstanding natural beauty. The villas sits along a mile of golden sand, looking out at the blue sea and curve of the bay and sheltered by deep green forested mountains. The whole area has been protected as a nature and marine reserve for decades and its unspoilt beauty is home to many endangered and indigenous species.
The heart of the resort has been designed to resemble a traditional Vietnamese fishing village and market place. Much reclaimed teak wood has been used in the empathetic design, including over a thousand antique wooden panels. A wooden bridge leads across a stream to the rolling sand dunes of the beach where the villas and holistic Six Senses Spa are located.
Enjoy your own private infinity pool and stunning outdoor bathroom. The efficient, contemporary design has included the use of natural ventilation, reducing the need for air-conditioning. The bathroom and the living area are therefore open-air with the bedroom air-conditioned for comfort.
Together with a focused commitment to the environment, the architecture of the villas enhances the spectacular natural setting. Each villa is carefully designed using timber frames and is located sensitively within the natural slope of the dunes, with fantastic views of the sea. The natural materials are warm and tactile framing at every stage the beauty of the views. Butterfly-style roofs provide light and openness and create a shaded area for your infinity pool and sun deck.
Climate and Eco Systems:
Located close to the equator, Con Dao enjoys a warm tropical climate. The average temperature is 80°F (27°C). Sea conditions are calm, most times of the year, throughout the archipelago which makes for excellent swimming, snorkeling and diving virtually year round. The island also benefits from abundant shade provided by evergreen trees.
Con Dao was recognized as a nature reserve in 1984 and became a national park in 1993. The total protected area of the park is 50,000 acres (20,000 hectares), comprising 35,000 acres (14,000 hectares) of sea and 15,000 (6,000 hectares) of forest. Con Dao National Park encompasses oceanic and coastal ecosystems such as mangrove forests, coral reefs and sea grasslands. The park is the most important egg-laying area in Vietnam for sea turtles as well as being home to rare dugong, dolphins, and varieties of orchids found nowhere else in the country. In addition, the island also has large and diverse coral reefs.
- Total area: 7,223 square feet (671 square meters)
- Plot size average: 21,527 square feet (2,000 square meters)
- Bedroom area: 247 to 667 square feet (23 to 62 square meters)
- Master bedroom, walk through dressing area and bathroom with double vanity, indoor shower, double-sized bath and open air shower.
- Two further en-suite bedrooms with indoor showers and personalized deck areas with seating arrangements.
- Large open living and dining room and bathroom.
- Deck with open plan sitting area and open shower area, leading onto a lower poolside area with additional relaxation veranda.
- Various large terraced areas with sun loungers.
Signature half-moon infinity edged pool from 753 to 1.056 square feet (70 to 100 square meters) in terrazzo dolo bianco finish.
- Full amenities and functional open custom made kitchen with pantry.
- IDD telephone and espresso machine.
- WiFi and LAN connection, satellite TV, DVD player, Bose HiFi system with docking station for a personal iPod.
- Voltage: 220-240V, premium fixtures and fittings throughout.
The photos shown here are typical of the property but may not be of the actual residence you will be staying in.
Condo with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 7222 square feet
King, King, King, and Twin
8 guests maximum
45 minute flight from Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) to Con Dao (VCS)
15 minutes by car from Co Ong airport (VCS) to villa!
Stunning views of the East Vietnam Sea and Elephant Mountain.
Activities of Interest
- Tour of Con Dao market and town
- Visit Hang Duong cemetery and Con Dao prisons
- Snorkeling and Scuba Diving in marine protected area
- Six Senses Spa offering massage, facials, body treatments
- Yogic wellness programs at Six Senses Spa with on-site Ayurvedic Doctor
- Non-motorized water sports: SUP; Hobie catamaran; kayak; windsurfing
- Island and jungle trekking
- Clam digging
- Eco-ball driving range
- Tennis courts available in town of Con Dao
- Vietnamese cooking classes
- Bicycle of Vespa tour of the island
Places of Interest
- Con Dao National Park
- Turtle Island & Bird Island
- Secluded beaches of Bai Dat Doc and Dam Trau
- Con Dao Ramsar wetland site
- Tomb of Vo Thi Sau at Hang Duong cemetery and historical prisons of Con Dao
Wonderful Con Dao
Our family of seven had a wonderful stay at Six Senses Con Dao. The setting is beautiful, the villa is spectacular and the service is top-notch. SSCD covers all the expected services and amenities very well. When one of our party injured himself the care was swift and competent, and we appreciated the attention and follow-up from our Concierge (referred to as a GEM) and the General Manager. Only a few small things: 1) lots of stairs up to the villa, and since one member of our party struggles with stairs, that would have been good to know before booking; 2) food/drink options are relatively expensive for Vietnam and become repetitive during a full-week stay; and 3) there aren't many things for teenagers to do (according to our teenagers), so depending on yours it may be better suited for families with children under 12 (who all seemed to be having a great time, including our 8-yr-old).”
The amazing Six Senses, Con Dao
The member commentary and the photos were exactly as we found this incredible villa and the resort which it is part of. The location, the setting , the wonderful local staff and the beautifully appointed and very large villa all contributed to make our short family break truly memorable. The island is rich in history (not all of it happy) and it is well worth spending a day in the nearby town and various museums and other points of interest. When possible we will return! One word of caution, Vietnam has an ever changing Visa policy and depending on the passport your carry you may need to arrange a visa prior to embarking on your Vietnam bound flight. It is easy and not expensive but do it a week before!”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- Laundry Service
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility
- iPod Dock Stereo