Mettenberg Family Room with Wetterhorn View at the Hotel Belvedere
Enjoy your vacation in the Jungfrau region at the foot of the world-famous Eiger. With us you will find everything your heart desires.
All our rooms boast a large balcony with a fantastic view of the mountains and are fully equipped offering free WiFi, a seating corner, a bathroom plus WC, coffee and tea-making facilities, a hair dryer, a make-up mirror, bathrobes and slippers.
For a really refreshing sleep, we also offer a choice of pillows - please indicate your requirements when booking.
Hotel Belvedere is family friendly. We offer playrooms, party games, a children's menu, child-friendly eating times in the restaurants and high-chairs. We also offer cots and baby intercoms in the room.
The Executive Twin Room features parquet flooring and a bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and a separate shower.
***Mandatory Additional Fees for THIRDHOME Members***
There is an additional 200CHF per room per night for 2 adults or children 6+ (under 6's are free) which includes:
*Daily Maid Service
*Full Concierge service
*Access to our Spa including:
- Finnish Sauna, Glacier Steam Bath, Jacuzzi, Heat Mine Gallery, Swimming Pool
*All local taxes
Any additional adult or 6+ child can be included for an additional 50CHF per night.
Your pet can also stay with you in your room for 20CHF per night.
|SPA AND WELLNESS|
In our spa area you can relax in the sauna, steam bath or outdoor salt water Jacuzzi. Or simply destress by swimming a few lengths in our large indoor pool.
Our spa area is reserved for our hotel guests during the winter season from 15:00 to 19:30.
- Whirlpools: Water heated to 36° simply melts all tension away: Lie back and relax in our salt water Jacuzzi in the garden, or our indoor whirlpool next to the swimming pool.
- Swimming-pool: Whether you're after a leisurely swim or a water workout: in our 6 x 14 metre pool with water heated to 29°, you can swim as many lengths as you like.
- Finnish sauna and glacier steam bath: A relaxing way to boost your immune system: A visit to our brand-new Finnish sauna and the new glacier steam bath will tangibly increase your well-being. The sauna was built using genuine old wood, with a unique appearance and patina. The sauna and steam bath are naked zones and therefore only for use by adults.
Ladies' sauna - The sauna and steam bath are reserved exclusively for our female guests between 15:00 and 16:00 on Wednesdays.
- Heat mine gallery: Heat for the whole family to enjoy: The entire family can relax together in the comfortable warm heat mine gallery (45-50 °). Since bathing suits must be used for the gallery, it is also available to children.
- Opening hours: Whirlpools, swimming pool and experience shower: 08:00 to 22:00 daily, year-round.
Sauna, steam bath and heat mine gallery: Winter season, daily from 15:00 to 19:30. Other seasons, on request.
Enjoy the wide variety of gourmet menus prepared by our Restaurant Français throughout the summer and winter. Inventive cuisine featuring fresh, home-grown ingredients and offering not only classic Swiss specialities but also light fusion food with a Mediterranean or Asian influence.
We also cater to guests with special dietary requirements. Whether you are gluten- or lactose-intolerant or are allergic to other ingredients such as nuts and berries, tell us your needs before you arrive and you can rely on us to conjure up a delicious meal tailored to your special requirements.
Our restaurant is closed for dinner between April 3rd and May 12th 2016 as well as between October 23rd and December 12th 2016.
** Gastronomic highlights (subject to change) **
- During the winter season, Tuesday evenings are «Swiss speciality evenings»: Discover Swiss specialities, served from the buffet.
- On Thursday evenings you have the chance to take a peek behind the scenes, with a visit to the kitchen with Markus Berger and his crew.
- Thursdays during the winter season feature an extensive dessert buffet.
- Friday is «steak tartare night»: on request, your host Urs Hauser will prepare a fresh steak tartare for you at your table. If you are interested, please ask your waiter/waitress.
- On Sundays the menu opens with a starter buffet (winter season only).
For more information or booking a table please visit our restaurant website: www.belvedere-grindelwald.ch/en/restaurant/restaurant-francais/
Condo with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 516 square feet
Twin and Bunk
5 guests maximum
Bern Airport - 69 kms
1 hour by car or 2 hours by train.
View to the Wetterhorn mountain and the hotel garden.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Hiking in the Jungfrau Region: In front of the world's most beautiful mountain scenery: Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. In summer you have the choice of around 500 kilometers of well-marked walking, hiking and mountain paths.
- Mountain biking in Grindelwald: 160 kilometers of signposted mountain bike trails. There are tours to fit all skill levels.
- Tandem paragliding: At your feet lies the breathtaking alpine panorama of the Jungfrau region, while you circle the air like an eagle with the pilot in control. Let us reserve a flight for you at reception.
- Climbing in the Jungfrau region: The most popular peaks are the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. Those who want to experience the mountains in a less challenging way can enjoy a guided tour of the Aletsch glacier with an overnight stay in a SAC refuge.
- Play golf without a handicap or licence. Use the driving range or book your green fee for the incomparable 9-hole course in Grindelwald.
- Ski school: The sun-kissed BodmiArena beginners' slope and beginners' lift are right in the middle of Grindelwald, offering ideal conditions for novices of all ages.
- Winter hiking: 100 kilometers of marked and prepared winter hiking trails are dotted throughout the Jungfrau region.
- Piano Bar: Six days a week during the winter season, enjoy live piano music with your pre- or post-dinner drinks. Our bar also offers a large selection of fine whiskies and liqueurs.
- Louis Philippe Smoker's Lounge: Cigarette, cigar or pipe smokers are catered to in our smoker's lounge. We also offer a first-class selection of Davidoff cigars from our humidor.
- Spycher Fondue Restaurant: Enjoy a pleasant evening after a winter's day in the mountains with family or friends, over a delicious cheese fondue, raclette, fondue chinoise or fondue bourguignonne.
- Restaurant Français: Inventive cuisine featuring fresh, home-grown ingredients and offering not only classic Swiss specialities but also light fusion food with a Mediterranean or Asian influence.
- For wine lovers, Spiez on Lake Thun is a the perfect destination!
- Interlaken Golf blends the melodious balance between nature and sports. This world-famous Golf Club borders on a natural park.
- Interlaken wide offer in summer sports and adventures as canyon swing, climbing, paragliding and many more!
- Shopping in Interlaken, Bern and Lucerne.
Places of Interest
- More than 60 kilometers of prepared ski slopes and 40 kilometers of hiking trails and sledge runs, plus a magnificent panorama of the north faces of the Bernese Alps are what makes Grindelwald-First so unique.
- The «White Elements» snow park is just as popular as the 30-limit ski slope, reserved specifically for slower skiers.
- The ski area with 110 kilometers of slopes and 30 kilometers of sledge runs is situated right at the foot of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
- The world-famous Lauberhorn World Cup Downhill Race starts from here and finishes 4.2 kilometers further down at Wengen.
- The Jungfraujoch, Top of Europe is the highest railway station in Europe located 3,454 metros above the sea level. Visit this wonderland of ice, snow and rock!
- Piz Gloria, the revolving restaurant located on top of Schilthorn, a 2,970 meters high summit. It is well worth a visit specially for James Bond's fans!
- Loud thundering and roaring in the interior of the mountain, gurgling, foaming and churning water: these are the Trümmelbach Falls (only in summer).
- Follow the trails up and down wooden steps and through tunnels along the rock face galleries into the glacier gorges of Grindelwald. It doesn’t get more thrilling! (Only in Summer)
- A fairy tale world exists along the shores of Lake Thurn. Worth visiting the five fully preserved castle installations!
Heavenly Experience in the Swiss Alps
We had a magical heavenly experience at the Hotel Belvedere in the Swiss Alps! Our suite was very nice, comfortable, had terrific mountain views from the room, and the perfect location to the train station, trams, cable car lifts , restaurants and scenic trails. The staff was wonderful and professional . Mr Hauser, the host was accommodating and responded promptly. Grindelwald is mesmorizing with the huge mountains in its glory. We hiked, took various cable cars and the steepest train to the top of the alps. The trains to Luzern and thru all the other most scenic towns in the area were reliable and beautiful! We saw rivers, waterfalls, cows, sheep, and farmlands. We hope to come back soon! Thank you for sharing your lovely place.”
We can't wait to return!
Thank you so much for sharing your hotel with us and 3rd home! We had an amazing time. The beauty of Grindalwald is beyond words! Thank you for allowing us to upgrade our room. It was amazing!”
- 40"+ TV
- Hot Tub
- Indoor Pool
- Multiple TVs
- Pets (with Approval)
- Wireless Internet