Manor Gate Lodge on the Avenue
Manor Gate Lodge on the Avenue
Nestled in a quiet cul de sac and located in the heart of Ireland’s prettiest and most famous village town, Adare; Gate Lodge Cottage is your idyllic vacation destination. Beautifully appointed, the cottage retains all the charm of its rich heritage, matched exquisitely by its tastefully appointed furnishings and facilities.
Lovingly restored by its owners, the Gate Lodge Cottage holds more than just village charm. This four bedroom, three bath, 4000 square foot jewel holds personality as well.
Immediately inside, you will find a cozy living space with gorgeous stone-encased wood-burning fireplace. There is also plenty of seating so that everyone can enjoy stories, some tv and their beverage of choice by the crackling, roaring fire. The home has an open concept layout which takes you directly from the living space into a classic, rustically decorated kitchen. The kitchen offers a dining space fit for 6 as well as top of the line appliances.
Impeccably balanced between old and new world decor, each bedroom is adorned with carefully crafted wooden bed frames, and their own touch of modern flare. Making each room unique and it's own story-teller. Including a vaulted-ceiling master bedroom and grand bath.
Amongst some of the other most impressive spaces in the home are a stunning central courtyard adorned with a fully-working outdoor brick furnace, a stone-embedded walkway separating the downstairs and outside with floor to ceiling sliding glass doors, and a study area surrounded with breathtaking stone walls.
Adare Cottage is only a brisk 3-minute walk to Main Street. You will have easy access to several pubs with the best food and entertainment one expects when visiting Ireland! Careful though! You may find yourself and your guests frequent the pubs enough that the bartenders mistake you all for locals!
Come and savor the peace and tranquility of this wonderful home in this charming Irish village. You won't be disappointed!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 4000 square feet, 372 square meters
King, 2x Full, Full + Twin, and 2x Twin
6 guests maximum
Shannon Airport (SNN)
30 minutes by car
Quaint old world street in Adare village which is one of Ireland’s most iconic country village.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Two 18 hole golf courses in the village including the new Tom Fazio designed course at Adare Manor. https://www.adaremanor.com/golf/our-course/. Plus many world renowned courses such as Ballybubnion, Lahinch and Tralee within an hour’s drive.
- Clonshire Equestrian Center (world class and 4 miles away).
- Access to Ireland's South West one hour drive away. (Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, Killarney, West Cork).
- 8 incredible restaurants and 4 local pubs.
- Great hiking and walks at Knock Fierna and Curragh Chase.
- Boutique Shops and upscale clothing stores in the village.
- Local parks and tourist center on Main Street. Walking tours can be arranged.
- 1000+ year old city of Limerick 10 miles away
- Fishing in the region can be arranged with advance notice.
Places of Interest
- Adare Manor Hotel and Golf Resort (2026 Ryder Cup course)
- Four ancient historic ruins within easy walk of home.
- Unique village architecture including thatch roofed cottages
- Local pubs (4) and restaurants (8) all within a short 5 minute walk.
- A variety of shopping also within a walk (Art, Antiques, Clothing ++)
- Clonshire equestrian center
- Limerick Race Course ( horse races)
What a fabulous place. We loved the coach house and we loved Adare. The owners, David and Kay , were very helpful. David gave us great info that we followed making the most of our time in the area. All three of our group were delighted. We highly recommend this Ireland beauty. ”
The Gate Lodge Cottage was wonderful in every way. Location in the heart of Adare made it very convenient for shopping, dining and touring. The home is comfortably furnished with many nice amenities. The courtyard was particularly enjoyable during the wonderful weather for our stay in early July 2016. The home caretakers, the McDonalds, were very gracious and accommodating during our stay. We would recommend highly the Gate Lodge Cottage for anyone’s stay in southwest Ireland. ”
Beautiful and very confortable Historical Home
My family and i had a great stay at Manor Gate last July. First of all the owner was really kind and helpful. We were in touch several months in advance so we could plan ahead the visit. The house is a treasure, photographs do not make justice to the real thing. It is in the beautiful town of Adare, Ireland, and is very well equipped and looked after. It is like a dream house in a dream town, unbelievable. We had the opportunity to visit several castles, a National Park, etc. The town is lovely with a very good restaurant, the Wild Goose. We had a wonderful time and we were also very lucky weather wise. It was sunny and quite warm all the time. We loved this experience and we thank David for his hospitality and for letting us enjoy such a wonderful place.”