St Ives, United Kingdom
Voted the most sought-after place to live in Britain, St Ives in Cornwall, has fine golden sand and crystal clear water. It is widely regarded as the jewel of Cornwall’s crown, a beautiful seaside town, set in breathtaking coastal scenery - whatever the time of year or day.
The town also offers eclectic galleries, excellent restaurants and quaint cobbled streets and further afield, Marazion and St Michael’s Mount, Sennen Cove and Penzance are all well worth a visit.
Also perfect for golf lovers, this lovely detached house is spacious and well-equipped, making it a very comfortable retreat. Just a links golf course away from Porthkidney Sands with its azure blue seas and golden sands; or an opportunity to play a round or two on the magnificent course across the quiet country lane that runs past Trelandry.
The home has a open plan living-room, ideal for a meal amongst friends, prepared in the bespoke kitchen which has a large central island and is equipped with all mod-cons. The dining-area looks out over a well-maintained garden and, with a wood-burner in the sitting-area to snuggle up beside, this will be a great place to relax, come rain or shine.
The first floor bedrooms are light, bright and stylish, decorated in neutral colours and enhanced with top quality bed linens. The bathroom is also on the first floor, across the enormous landing – which doubles as an extra sitting-area, with a television and DVD player.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1000 square feet
Queen and 2x Twin
4 guests maximum
Cornwall Airport Newquay - NQY
53 minutes by car
The attractive property's enclosed garden.
Activities of Interest
- Hayle King George V Memorial Walk (1 ¼ miles) This level walk runs alongside the Copperhouse tidal pool, a reminder of Hayle's heyday during the Industrial Revolution which is now home to a rich variety of birdlife.
- Lelant Saltings to St Ives by Train (½ mile) The train journey to St Ives from Lelant Saltings is lovely.The track runs along stunning coastline to St Ives. Get a window seat on the right for the best views.
- St Ives area offers a range of quality activities: art galleries, beaches with opportunities for surfing, sailing, fishing and diving, breathtaking coastal walks, world class restaurants, cosy cafes and friendly locals with tall stories to tell.
Places of Interest
- Lelant Beach (¼ mile) This beach offers the finest golden yellow sand. The esturary runs to the sea making the divide between HayleTowans and Lelant beach.
- Hayle (¾ mile) Found where the Hayle River meets the wide sweep of St Ives Bay, Hayle is so steeped in the unique mining history of Cornwall that it has been designated part of the Cornish World Heritage Site.
- St Michael's Mount (5 ¼ miles) This local landmark looks like something straight out of a fairytale; a medieval castle perched on top of a little tidal island, complete with cobbled streets and even its own harbour and gardens.
- Within easy distance of St Ives is the National Maritime Museum Cornwall, the Eden Project, Flambards theme park, Geevor, Levant and Poldark mines, Tate St Ives, Newlyn Art Gallery and The Exchange.
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Outdoor Grill
- Wireless Internet