Bastide St. Mathieu
Bastide St. Mathieu is a luxurious boutique hotel located in Grasse, a French Riviera town affiliated with the perfume industry since the late 18th Century and you will have the run of the place!
As you approach the town, the famous terracotta rooftops peak out from lush, green terraced hills at an altitude of 300-400m.
Wander through ancient streets and winding alleys that still waft with the aromas of lavendar and jasmine or make your way to the town’s ‘pointe du vue' (viewing point) and take in the breathtaking view over the town and surrounding hills.
The Bastide St. Mathieu offers a taste of Provence only minutes from the glamorous French Riviera coastline.
Surrounded by a hectare of luscious gardens, the 300 year old country house has been both modernised and restored with meticulous care to combine understated, chic luxury with tradition and comfort.
The property’s large swimming pool, ‘boules piste’, cuisine d’été, huge terraces for outside dining and entertaining, grounds, coffee lounge, dining room and professional standard kitchen can all be enjoyed by guests during their stay.
The ground floor consists of a stone dining-room and a stone coffee-room each featuring a fireplace, a professional standard kitchen and a grand salon with doors leading to the terrace. The grand salon has a huge fireplace and a Suzuki Baby Grand Digital piano.
Bastide St. Mathieu has eight bedrooms, each designed and decorated by the designer- owner, Soraya. The rooms feature fine marble bathrooms with bath and shower; an open Provencal stone fireplace; Sky TV; and a dressing room/area.
The first floor consists of three bedrooms:
The Coco and Igor Suite features a siting-room and a bedroom which can be converted to family or four person use. It is the perfect place to speak out and relax.
The Cole Porter Junior Suite with its deep reds and yellows gives a feeling of discreet self-indulgence and a vibrant, romantic touch. This suite has its own delightful terrace.
Finally, the James Baldwin Room overlooks the swimming-pool and offers a calm and relaxing atmosphere - this room is not air-conditioned-.
The second floor is comprised of three large double en-stuie bedrooms and a single bedroom:
The Sissi Room features warm yellows and is full of light in the morning sun. A tranquil haven.
The Bardot Room is peaceful and full of romantic charm. It gives a lovely view of the rolling countryside.
The Bertie Room is decorated in Provencal olive green and offers calmness and luxury.
Finally, on the second floor, there is a single bedroom with an en-suite marble shower room -this room is not air-conditioned-.
Enjoy your holidays in the finest romantic hotel on the French Riviera and let the eternal charm of the Côte d’Azur sink in.
Even though this is a boutique hotel normally, weeks in the Bastide for THIRDHOME members are provided on a self-catering basis.
There is a housekeeper onsite, but the additional services below can be provided.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
8 bedrooms, 8 baths, 10000 square feet
King, King, King, King, King, King, Twin, and King
17 guests maximum
Nice International Airport
30 minutes by car
Glorious views over the countryside to the coast.
-Massage, hair dressing, manicure, pedicure and waxing from one of the finest practitioners on the French Riviera. Find out more.
- We can organise golf, tennis, car rental or chauffeur services as well as restaurant reservations, shopping for provisions, and the placement of a private chef and catering personnel.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Friday market in Valbonne is a draw from all over the area, even bigger is the monthly antique/chic a brad market ob the first Sunday of each month.
- Sizzling sun, super yachts, artists, film festivals, gorges, mountains, caves and of course, the Mediterranean sea.
- For those who want to sip chilled Rose and dine with the rich and famous overlooking marinas and beaches, Monaco is probably the most famous spot.
- For individuals with a thirst for adventure, the Gorge du Verdon is a 25km river canyon that cuts through the limestone mass at up to 700m deep in places.
- The Cote d'Azur area is a wonderful destination for golf lovers: some names include Monte Carlo Golf Club, Golf de Biot, Royal Mougins, Gold de la Grande Bastide.
Places of Interest
- Notable tourist attractions are the 10th century Notre Dame du Puy Cathedrael (that houses works by Ruebens), the “Tour du Guet” watchtower and Place aux aires – the old market square with it’s three tierd fountain.
- For perfume lovers: Galimard and Fragonard both have displays and giftshops in the centre of town whilst the International Perfume Museum takes you on a fasninating journey in the history evolution of techniques used to produce perfume over centuries.
- Nearby villages worth visiting are Plascassier, which was where Edith Piaf lived up to her death in October 1963.
- The charming village-perché of Valbonne, retains much of its 16th century charm and the central square is a compulsory stop for some delicious French cuisine.
- Monaco offers a wide variety of inland towns, many of which attracted artists and writers such as Picasso, Van Gogh, Renoir and Matisse during the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Nice, the capital of the French Riviera, offers a plethora of activities and amusements. Visit the Musée Matisse, the Parc du Chateau, stroll around the lively streets and enjoy the French cuisine in this exceptional town.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Concierge Service
- Covered Parking
- Gated Community
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Wireless Internet