Strathdon, United Kingdom
Originally built in the 17th century, Candacraig was enlarged in the Scottish baronial style with its pepper pot turrets and crow stepped dormer windows by the Aberdeen architect ‘Tudor Johnny’ Smith in 1836. Extended at the turn of the 20th century, the house was partially reconstructed in 1955 by local architect Alexander McKenzie, whilst retaining its traditional Scottish style.
Candacraig is a family home, so although the decor is luxurious, the atmosphere is always relaxing and warming. From the moment you and your guests catch a glimpse of our 17th century Scottish baronial mansion, you will recognize that you have discovered an absolute gem of a luxury country house to make your own.
Guests enjoy exclusive use of the impressive formal Dining Room, Drawing Room, Games/Billiards Room, individually styled ensuite bedrooms.
Our resident concierge is available throughout your stay and will provide a daily service to make your stay more comfortable.
Outdoors, guests have full access to 18 acres of private woodland and manicured lawns, including a large Victorian walled garden, our very own lochan fed by the celebrated River Don and a woodland bonfire area – a very special spot to enjoy a dram by the fire.
We have a fantastic kitchen but to make the occasion even more special, you can add local catering or a private chef to take care of your meals. Onsite beauty therapy or hair styling (among other available amenities) are also available by by prior arrangement.
Single Family Home with 4 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 10000 square feet
King, King, King, King, and King
10 guests maximum
Aberdeen International Airport and Inverness Airport / Edinburgh / Glasgow
1 hour by car, Edinburgh is 3 hours, Glasgow is 3.5 hours
The unspoiled highlands of the Cairngorms National Park.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- A wide range of field sports, including red and roe deer stalking, walked up and driven grouse shooting, pheasant and rough shooting, salmon and trout fishing, all of which can be leased by arrangement.
- Winter ski-ing at the Lecht Ski Centre which is only 10 miles away.
- There are many deer forests and grouse moors in Speyside with salmon fishing on the famous Rivers Spey and Findhorn to the north.
- Venture slightly further afield and, as well as more world class fishing and golf, you’ll find 4x4 off-roading, clay shooting, Paintball and even axe throwing to set your pulse racing.
- Aberdeen City and Shire is blessed with over 50 courses, ranging from stunning links to lush parkland venues. Nearby Royal Aberdeen, Fraserburgh and Trump International Golf Links rank among some of the best golf courses in Scotland.
Places of Interest
- Candacraig House is within the majestic Cairngorms National Park where you can go enjoy hill walking, cycling, mountain biking and a vast array of active pursuits.
- Discover 17 of Aberdeenshire’s most famous castles – from fairytale Crathes to the Queen’s Scottish home, Balmoral Castle, in nearby Royal Deeside.
- The picturesque village of Strathdon – home to the famous Lonach gathering – the oldest Highland Games in Scotland.
- Visit Inverness, ‘Capital of the Highlands’, only 65 miles away.
- Candacraig provides quick access to Scotland’s Whisky Trail, with endless distilleries available to visit.
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo