Retreat on the Bluffs
Retreat on the Bluffs
Located in the gated Bluffs subdivision, this grand 4 bedroom, 4 bath, 4,141 sq. ft. home is one of 5 that back up to the Sandpiper Golf Course. Sip a morning coffee on the back patio with the birds chirping and plan out your days of vacation and relaxation.
The fully stocked, modern kitchen boasts Viking appliances, a dual freezer, and refrigerator. An apron-front sink basin and large countertop island will satisfy your inner chef!
The first floor boasts airy 11' ceilings, and features throughout the home include hardwood, base molding, and Mexican clay floor tiles. Three automatic gas fireplaces are a cozy way to warm up on the cool central coast evenings!
Each of the 4 bedrooms include ensuite bathrooms. The large master suite has a lovely retreat area, and the master bathroom is fitted with a white marble tile shower with a rain shower head.
The home also has walk in closets, an office space, and a private garage and courtyard for your use.
Behind the home is the beautiful Sandpiper Golf Course. An inspiring combination of challenge and beauty as championship golf brings you to the edge of the Pacific Ocean. With outstanding views of the ocean and mountain views from every hole on the course, Sandpiper is a wonderful experience.
Just steps outside the home is the 600 acre open space of Ellwood Mesa. This area has walking, jogging and bike trails that run along the dramatic bluffs of the Central California Coast. From November to March, there is a Monarch Butterfly preserve among the eucalyptus trees.
Beach access is a lovely 10 minute walk away. You can spend hours relaxing, beach combing, walking, exploring tide pools, watching for pods of dolphins and meeting locals.
1.3 miles down the road on the other side of Sandpiper is the Bacara Resort and Spa. Spend time at the 42,000 sq. ft. spa or dine at the wonderful bistro restaurant while enjoying ocean and sunset views.
A mere 2 minute drive along the same road is the Camino Real shopping center. Every Thursday and Sunday a local farmers' market is open for business.
A scenic 30 minute drive away is the Santa Ynez wine country. Enjoy dozens of world class wineries along the Santa Rita Hill and Foxen Canyon Wine Trail!
Santa Barbara is a hotspot for sandy beaches, wonderful restaurants, and outdoor recreation. There are a myriad of leisure and recreational activities in the area. Bird or whale watch, hike, bike, or go for a trail ride on horseback. Explore tide pools, sail the seas, or try surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, ocean kayaking, and even paragliding!
Whether you're looking for adventure or a relaxing holiday away from it all, this idyllic home is sure to meet your needs!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4141 square feet, 385 square meters
King, King, 2x Full, and Bunk
9 guests maximum
Santa Barbara Airport
10 minutes by car
View of Sandpiper Golf Course out back, partial island view from second floor, and open space view from front of the property.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- In October, attend the California Lemon Festival at Girsh Park
- Fish off Goleta Pier
- Go surfing at Campus Point
- Head to the local farmers' market on Thursday to sample local produce
- Every 1st Thursday of the month, enjoy an evening of art & culture in downtown Santa Barbara
- Venture out to Goleta Butterfly Grove for a hike among monarch butterflies found nestled in the groves of trees
- With a mélange of shops and galleries featuring the names you know and love, Santa Barbara can't be beat as a shopping destination
- Swim, surf, and soak up some sun at your choice of any of the local beaches
- Delve into the area's history with a visit to Rancho La Patera & Stow House
Places of Interest
- Downtown Santa Barbara- 10 minute drive
- Bacara Resort and Spa- 1.3 miles away
- California's historic El Camino Real- an 800 mi. path blazed by the Spanish in the 18th century
- Ellwood Mesa Bluff- property is surrounded by this 600 acre open space along the beach
- Sandpiper Golf Course- located behind the house, along the coast
- Santa Ynez and Solvang Wine Country- approx. 30 minute drive
- University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB)
- Goleta County Beach
- Refugio State Park and Beach
We so enjoyed our stay in this perfect beautiful home. Fantastic trails with chirping birds, wild flowers and friendly people. We were able to experience all Santa Barbara has to offer. The Bacara resort and wine tasking was fabulous. The owners were lovely and most helpful. We hope to come back soon to this resort style beach home. Timothy and Debra Specht”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Gated Community
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo