Georgetown, South Carolina
DeBordieu Colony Beach House
DeBordieu Colony Beach House
This charming 5 bedroom, 5 bath, 3,500 sq. ft. Low Country home offers a cheerful combination of beach décor and family atmosphere on the 7th hole of the DeBordieu Golf Course. The golf course is a Pete Dye course and one of the most spectacular golf courses in the low country. The property is accessed via a three mile entry from the DeBordieu Colony main gate. The private home is located 45 minutes south of Myrtle Beach Airport and 75 minutes north of Charleston.
This home is designed for entertaining with a family gathering place that creates an easy living environment and is adorned with colorful decor throughout. The large kitchen contains two ovens, two refrigerators, and a center island. You will enjoy an abundance of space and culinary equipment for creating wonderful meals to share together on your vacation!
The master bedroom is located on the main floor. Furnished with a king bed, attached is a large screened in back porch that faces the golf course for great views.
Upstairs you'll find an additional living room with a laundry room attached, two bedrooms with king beds, one bedroom containing a twin bed, and the 5th bedroom is furnished with comfortable double bunk beds. Also on this floor is a second screened-in porch area.
On the bottom level there is a three car garage, which is also where you'll find a grill for outdoor cooking, as well as fishing equipment.
Located less than one mile from the beach, your stay in this lovely home includes a golf cart and access to the beach club, tennis club, boat docks and club house, along with other amenities offered at DeBordieu Club.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3500 square feet
King, King, King, 2x Twin, and Bunk
12 guests maximum
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
45 Minutes by Car
Views of DeBordieu Golf Course
Activities of Interest
- Visit Atalaya Castle, a Moorish style home and National Historic Landmark that once served as the winter residence and art studio of American sculptress, Anna Hyatt Huntington and her philanthropist husband, Archer Milton Huntington
- Spend a day at the Brookgreen Gardens, a sculpture garden and wildlife preserve located just south of Murrells Inlet
- Enjoy an afternoon among the animals at the Lowcountry Zoo (located at Brookgreen Gardens)
- Take a day trip out south to Charleston, a lovely historic city where history is not simply a thing of the past. You can tour 300 year old homes, walk along the Battery, and see where the Civil War began
- A short drive to the north, Myrtle Beach offers shopping, theaters, and amusement parks
- Tour the historic Hopsewee Plantation. Stay a little while longer for afternoon tea and indulge in delicious scones, cakes, and freshly brewed tea
- Stroll along the Georgetown Harborwalk for relaxing, scenic views of boats and cafes
Places of Interest
- Georgetown- an old city that has retained its charming historical character
- Murrell's Inlet
- Pawley's Island
- Debordieu Beach Club
- Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge- a 22 mile segment of the Southeast Atlantic coast. The refuge consists of 66,287 acres which includes a fascinating expanse of barrier islands, salt marshes, intricate coastal waterways, and long sandy beaches
- South Carolina Maritime Museum
- South Carolina Coastal Animal Rescue & Educational Sanctuary
- Georgetown County Museum
- Gulluh Museum
A slice of heaven!
We have stayed at the house before and love the home and the incredible Beach. One of the best kept secrets of the South Carolina coast. We love the fantastic golf course and love the incredible wildlife and birds. If you like to fish in marshes and back creeks this area this area is world class. We caught multiple red drum in these waters. Very peaceful and relaxing trip. The owner is very responsive and attentive. Hopefully we will return next Spring. Jess Washburn ”
Nice stay during Spring Break 2018
Nicely appointed and spacious home, We loved the screen porches for relaxing and reading. DeBordieu is a gated community similar to the smaller plantations of Hilton Head with a nice golf course, clay tennis courts and a beach club. Owner Rick was very responsive when we had HVAC issues during the stay. We would happily return. ”
A Home away from Home
Everything was perfect for our visit at this house. The house is welcoming and perfectly appointed, from beach towels to everything needed to cook a nice meal at home (including olive oil and condiments!). The house is quietly situated along the golf course with a beautiful screened porch, but moments away from the beach. We had the most relaxing time and were sad to leave. Signs of a successful holiday! ”
The house was beautiful and well maintained. We had plenty of space, and the hammock on the porch was nice for added relaxation. Having use of the golf cart was a big plus and made scooting to the beach easy. The beach was gorgeous and not crowded. Rick was very responsive before, during, and after our stay. We really had a wonderful vacation!”
We had a great family vacation at this house. The house is beautifully decorated! A perfect lay out with our family! We enjoyed the back porch rocking chairs overlooking the fairway!The kids loved being able to ride the beach bikes to the club and the pool was a big hit. My wife and I enjoyed the Tiki Bar at the club overlooking the ocean. The island is very peaceful, we saw many deer, turkeys and alligators. We walked the golf course a few mornings early and was gorgeous. The owner, Rick, was veryresponsive and helpful and went out of his way to make sure we were well satisfied. We went into Pawleys Island one night to eat at Frank's Restaurant- a real treat ! Make sure you go here if you like fantastic food in a cool setting! Jess Washburn”
DeBordieu Colony Beach House
Our stay at Ricks house was fantastic. The house is very spacious and well appointed in good taste. The kitchen is open and well stocked with everything you may need. The house was very well maintained and very clean. Rick made himself available to us if there were any issues (there were none). Although this house is not on the beach, Rick has a 3 bench golf cart and 6 bicycles that will get you there in less than 5 minutes. For those of you not familiar with DeBordieu, it is arguably the premier beach/golf /family resort on the southeast coast. Once you get through the gate you will not want to leave. I would rate this as a 4 star house in a 4 star resort.”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet