Northern Lights House
This brand-new beautiful house was built in 2015 and is set within a private gated estate located just outside Selfoss, in the southern part of Iceland.
We have a wonderful panoramic view over the golf course, a river and Ingolfsfjall mountain.
On a clear winters night it is possible to see the northern lights, a truly unique experience.
The house comes with underfloor heating from a hot spring close by. It features a fully equipped kitchen and a spacious and bright lounge for eating and socialising. The big windows throughout the property provide great natural lighting.
The property features 3 spacious bedrooms comfortably sleeping 6 people.
This property is in a prime location within 50 minutes drive from Reykjavík.
This cozy and quiet area has a variety of birds for example Eurasian oyster catcher and common snipe and whimbrel.
A great spot for a truly memorable holiday!
Private Residence with 1 level
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1800 square feet, 168 square meters
King, King, and Queen
6 guests maximum
Keflavík International Airport - KEF
1 hour by car
A golf course, salmon river and mountains beyond.
No Pets Allowed
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- A great 18 hole and 9 hole course with a free practice range is only 2 minutes drive away.
- Enjoy the private swimming pool reserved for the gated area. Just a 3 minute stroll away.
- Exciting salmon fishing experience is available at a nearby river.
- Horseback riding in a fantastic landscape is available only 10 minutes drive away.
Places of Interest
- The Gullfoss Geysir. This spouting hot spring is claimed to be the biggest one in the world
- The amazing Langjökull glacier. This will be a unique encounter with Europe's second largest glacier.
- Visit the amazing Thingvellir National Park with its great historic and naturalistic heritage. This is where Alþing general assembly was established around 930 and continued to convene there until 1798.
- The Kerid volcano crater is a popular stop when traveling the Golden Circle. With its natural lake formed by water filling the crater chamber it offers an incredible landscape.
Northern Lights House
We had a wonderful time at this beautiful house and in this amazing country. The owner was very responsive and very promptly answered all our queries. Unfortunately due to our sightseeing schedule could not meet her. The house is conveniently located for all the sights. We would love to visit the house and the country again.”