Abode Wonderland near Taos
Ranchos De Taos, New Mexico
Abode Wonderland near Taos
The private estate is comprised of a fully renovated 18th century adobe house with a kitchen designed by contemporary artist Larry Bell, a small playground, a secondary home for the care taker, and a small courtyard: all sitting on five acres of land with two llamas and a chicken coop. Caretaker will bring fresh eggs by the house.
The principal bedrooms are spacious and quiet, and the living room features a long sofa that stretches across a beautiful adobe fire place. The kitchen includes a custom-made table for 14 guests facing a window looking out on the estate. The corridors feature art tastefully curated. Outside the kitchen there is a firepit to enjoy stargazing at night. Wi-fi is included with the house, as well as access to the washer and dryer.
The estate is 5 minutes away by car from the renowned town Taos, known for it's pueblos and art colony. There is so much culture in this area that you have to see on your visit! Beautiful art and other great features of Taos are everywhere you look! Additionally, the estate is 40 minutes away by car from the Taos Ski Valley.
Request a weeks are welcomed by owner.
This is a full-service property that includes a dedicated caretaker should you need any assistance with the home. You may even have fresh eggs delivered from the chicken coop on occasion!
Single Family Home with 1 level
6 bedrooms, 3 baths, 4000 square feet
King, King, 2x Twin, King, 2x Twin, and Queen + Twin
14 guests maximum
2 hour and 15 minutes by car
Beautiful mountain view!
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Skiing: Taos Ski Valley has entered an exciting new era! From a soaring new chairlift up Kachina Peak, to current and future upgrades in the village, visitors will experience more stunning ridgeline vistas, varied terrain, and off-slope amenities
- Climb aboard and ‘‘hold-on’’ to the past on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad. Ahead lie the wonders of the Toltec Gorge, Rocky Mountain passes, and endless frontier vistas unspoiled by modern civilization
- Cottam's Rio Grande Rafting: Experience the world famous Taos Box! An exciting 17 mile full day whitewater tour through the majestic Rio Grande Gorge. Navigate through class III and IV rapids beside 700 foot canyon walls
- Visit the Black Mesa Winery Tasting Room to sample its varietal and blended red and white wines. Crisp whites, mellow sirahs and pinot noirs find an exciting counterpoint in Black Beauty, its signature chocolate- flavored dessert wine
- Hike in the village of Abiqui, where artist Georgia O'Keefe once lived. You'll feel like you're walking within one of her paintings!
Places of Interest
- Whether you’re seeking to keep up with your yoga practice, get a massage or soak up the tranquil hot springs, Taos has many relaxing spas and pampering services to ensure you feel your most relaxed and rejuvenated
- Taos Pueblo is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Learn about Taos Pueblo history & traditions with a custom guided tour led by a Pueblo resident. Visit the gallery workshops of Pueblo artisans
- Taos Plaza is the Heart of Taos. Don Fernando de Taos Plaza was settled by the Spanish colonists more than 300 years ago and still retains its original shape
- Abe's Cantina y Cocina: Since 1945 Abe’s has been the local village hangout where Abe and his daughters serve the local favorite, a terrific Breakfast Burrito. Don’t pass up the luscious pumpkin empanadas and indigenous gossip
- Bent Street Café & Deli has been serving Taos for 23 years and is relaxed, friendly and has a year-round heated patio and outdoor terrace
- Old Taos County Courthouse- enjoy a scene that appears to be right out of an old Western film!
- Ojo Caliente- a spa resort with outdoor mineral pools, or try out Stagecoach Hot Springs for a soak in the nautral sandy rock pools
Not well kept
We were disappointed concerning the appearance of the place. Weeds and grass filled the flower beds and even was overgrowing the driveway/parking area. What could have been beautiful was not. As far as the house, guests should be alerted to very low doors. My guest stands 6 feet and I 6' 3". Both of us have injuries on our heads. The average door height cannot be more than 5' 9"! So we were constantly stooping and concerned for another bleeding injury. On the positive side, the caretaker was kind and helpful. He even brought us fresh eggs just laid on the property. Sorry for the negative write-up, but 3rd Home usually has better properties. Norb Oesch”
- Air Conditioning
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet