Villa San Marco
Cortona - Arezzo, Italy
San Marco's drive winds through its olive grove, passes its wrought iron gates and up its avenue of pencil pines before arriving at this classic Italian villa, where our wonderful 'housekeeper' will greet you.
Completely refurbished and with a wonderful poolhouse, the tranquil Villa San Marco is set in its park-like grounds of 4-acres, surrounded by fields, yet it has stunning views down the valley to Lake Trasimeno and also up the hill to the Etruscan city of Cortona, which alone would take many weeks to explore.
The villa is spacious, bright, beautifully decorated, elegantly furnished with many antiques and it has a warm family atmosphere.
The refurbishment created 5 new full-bathrooms (2 ensuite and 1 in the pool house), 2 fabulous 'cooks' kitchens (one indoors and one by the pool), a breakfast room with doors opening directly into the ivy-clad pergola, total redecoration and huge 'behind the scenes' improvements, including very high specification hot water, heating and electricity systems. Please note this property does not have A/C, though there is detailed guidance on how to keep the villa cool and the windows don't have screens, though there are industrial machines that virtually eliminate the insect problem.
This villa is the perfect spot for a memorable holiday in this unforgettable part of Italy.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 2500 square feet, 233 square meters
King, King, King, 2x Queen, and Other
12 guests maximum
Perugia, Florence, Pisa, Rome airports
By car: 40 minutes, 70 minutes, 90 minutes, 120 minutes
Beautiful Tuscan countryside
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
There is a mandatory $500 service fee that covers weekday maid and housekeeping services.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Experience the amazing taste of Etruscan fine wines with our great tours. You will have the opportunity to taste the likes of Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano or Chianti.
- Hiking paradise with great countryside trails all accross the region.
Places of Interest
- Made famous by the book "Under the Tuscan Sun", Cortona is built on a steep hillside and can trace its history back to 700 BC. In Cortona you can visit Etruscan tombs and see amazing artwork by famous painters such as Luca Signorelli and Fra Angelico.
- Visit unmistakable Florence - the city of the De Medici family - with its churches, palaces and priceless art collections
- Siena is a wonderful historic centre of the Gothic age and Pisa, not only famous for its leaning tower but also for its authentic and lively old town.
AMAZING VILLA IN TUSCANY
What a super villa and divine location. Super amenities and nice pool area - did not use the pizza oven but it sure looked fun. Pretty bedrooms which were very comfortable. Thank you for sharing your home - we hope to return one day. Adele”
What a marvelous place! Simply beautiful, well appointed, cared for, comforable, truly Italian! We loved it. The owner was most helpful before our time in his Villa. His helper, Cornelia, was gracious, informative and helpful. From the villa we were able to visit Cortona, Pieza, Montalpuciano, and Montecino. Wonderful places. ”