St. Mawes, United Kingdom
The Idle Rocks (HS)
You are booking a double standard room for two people in collaboration with Hotel Swaps. Upgrade options are available after booking at an extra cost.
The Idle Rocks is situated idyllically on the Harbourside of St Mawes in the Cornish Coast.
Perched perfectly on the rocks, it’s the home from home where you can make yourself comfortable.
The restaurant and South facing Terrace offer an ideal location to appreciate the view across the water, whilst enjoying fabulous food, centered on fresh Cornish ingredients.
The Idle Rocks is the place to re-engage with the simpler pleasures in life.
The rooms have been individually designed to provide an environment where guests can truly unwind and relax.
All 19 bedrooms enjoy barefoot comfort, soft, coastal inspired colours, and stunning fabrics leaving you in no doubt that you are beside the sea!
Home luxuries include beautiful bathrooms, underfloor heating, oversized beds with crisp white Egyptian cotton sheets and deliciously generous hospitality trays.
A state of the art Smart TV system provides all the information you need to explore the hotels facilities, the local area and much more.
The majority of rooms boast wonderful views across the harbour and out towards the sea, some towards the quiet beach just opposite; as you wake in St. Mawes, the sound of waves lapping against the very idle rocks below makes you wonder if there is anywhere else like it in Britain.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to 3RD HOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
The exchange fee and Keys are only refundable in the event of cancelation by the Hotel. If a Guest Member cancels their reservation, for any reason, there are no refunds available.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY FOR THIRD HOME BOOKINGS. If you have any questions about this property and weeks please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is for a double room. The room details and photos shown here are indicative of the property and not necessarily of the room that you will be staying in.
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 0 square feet
2 guests maximum
Cornwall Airport Newquay - NQY
Aprox. 45 minutes by car
The Harbourside of St Mawes.
Activities of Interest
- Kayak Hire - If you would like to learn how to kayak, hire one for an hour or for a day, it can be done easily. It’s a perfect way to make the most of exploring this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Paddle Boarding - The newest water-based craze is Paddle Boarding. If you would like to learn how, St Mawes is the ideal location.
- Crabbing - Find a suitable spot on the harbour wall or even from the rocks beneath our terrace. No need for a hook just a bit of patience – tie some bacon on your line, drop it into the water and wait.
- Local Walks - The Roseland is a walker’s paradise. Being a peninsula, it has a great variety of both coastal and inland walks, offering fabulous walking all year round.
Places of Interest
- St Mawes Beaches - Carne Beach, Summer’s Beach and Tavern Beach are within a short walk of The Idle Rocks.
- Lamorran Gardens - The gardens are a ten minute walk from The Idle Rocks and are open on Wednesdays and Fridays, during the months of April through to September
- St Mawes Castle is among the best-preserved of Henry VIII’s coastal artillery fortresses, and the most elaborately decorated of them all
- Concierge Service
- High Speed Internet
- Laundry Service
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Wireless Internet