San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Casa Esperanza is just a 5-min walk to the Jardin, which is the heart of San Miguel de Allende... so location, location location!
One enters into a traditional "zaguan" entry foyer with antique bench and tin star lanterns in this gorgeous 3 bedroom, 3 and a half bath, 4000 square foot villa. To the left is the large, eat-in kitchen with high ceilings and colorful tile work. Through a passageway is the large main living room with a big fireplace, carved wooden armoire with flat screen TV, and comfortable seating.
A dining table for 8 is at the far end near the doors leading onto to the vine-covered patio. The patio is a favorite spot for dining al fresco by the old stone fountain. Stairs from the patio lead down into the garden, a little oasis in the city center with lawns and trees, where you will find a jetted dipping pool and outdoor shower.
A covered loggia is to one side of the patio, highlighted with hand-painted picture tiles. The third bedroom has a Queen size bed, bathroom, and private patio that looks into the garden.
Upstairs via an exterior staircase are the two main bedrooms of the house. One has a king bed with an ensuite bathroom with double sinks. This bedroom gets great light and includes a fireplace and windows overlooking the garden. The other bedroom is the large master suite with king bed and en-suite bathroom. It offers views of the western mountains and includes a back staircase down to the kitchen.
Continuing up the exterior staircase you are greeted with an expansive roof terrace, complete with two sitting/lounging areas and the panoramic vistas across town and countryside. You will find it hard to pull yourself away from the expansive views from the roof terrace, a perfect spot for your evening cocktails!
Casa Esperanza has wi/fi Internet service free-of-charge and a large flatscreen TV in the living room with cable stations from the U.S. and Mexico. It also has a voyage line for calling the U.S.
Rosa, the maid, comes 4 x weekly, on Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri from 9 am to 1 pm. She can make a simple breakfast, squeeze fresh orange juice and make guacamole...but otherwise she does not cook. Gerardo the gardener comes Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 am to 2 pm.
Bathrooms 3 1/2
Historic District Location
Max. persons 6
Children: Age 10 or older welcome
Pets: Small pet allowed with pet deposit
Wifi: Yes, throughout house
Single Family Home with 1 level
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 4000 square feet
King, King, and Queen
6 guests maximum
Leon, (BJX) Mexico or Queretaro (QRO), Mexico
1 hour & 30 minutes by car
360-degree expanses of the Parroquia and Las Monjas churches as well as the surrounding cityscape of San Miguel
It is our pleasure to provide Maid & Gardener service at no cost. However, we respectfully request that you please tip them at the end of your stay. Typically, it's about about 100 pesos/$6 USD per person staying at the home. This tip money is important to them so we thank you in advance to honoring this request.
Activities of Interest
- Enjoy a Mexican take on tapas complimented by a tamarind margarita while watching the city light up for the night.
- Catch a performance at the Teatro Ángela Peralta, an elegant and intimate theater built in 1873.
- Stretch your legs at El Charco del Ingenio, a 170-acre garden reserve brimming over with varieties of cacti.
- La Gruta is a 20-minute ride out of San Miguel de Allende, true fans of hot springs can spend a whole day, taking a dip in the springs, enjoying a massage or lounging around one of the pools
Places of Interest
- Centro Histórico. San Miguel historic quarter. Restaurants, museums, hotels, boutiques.
- Jardín Botánico El Charco del Ingenio.Northeast of town (1.5km) is the 88-hectare botanic garden, also a wildlife and bird sanctuary, plus recreational and ceremonial space.
- Áperi. This restaurant is the talk of town. Regularly changing menu features the likes of duck, pork and seafood dishes, prepared with local San Miguelense ingredients.
- San Agustín. A 'don't leave San Miguel without…' experience. This sweet tooths' paradise is the best place in Mexico for chocolate and churros.
- Oratorio de San Felipe Neri. Inside this this multi-towered, domed pale pink church, are 33 oil paintings showing scenes from the life of San Felipe Neri, the 16th-century Florentine who founded the Oratorio Catholic order.
- Fábrica La Aurora. Houses over 40 artist studios, galleries, shops and restaurants. Time your visit on the first Friday of the month and you can meet the artists over free wine and cheese.
Rose Marie Joyce
It was every bit as nice as it presents. The house beautifully maintained and decorated to capture the culture and heritage of the area. The most comfortable amenities were its closeness to the downtown, the maid service, open balconies and many outside sitting areas. The owner was very gracious to give us a thorough "book" of information regarding everything we might want to know and then some. We want to go back to this wonderful, beautiful old city.”
Incredible home in a charming town
Our family enjoyed everything this gem of a home had to offer and was exactly, and more, as described in the listing. We're in love with this home and San Miguel de Allende. Muchas Gracias to all !! ”
- 40"+ TV
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Laundry Service
- Multiple TVs
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- iPod Dock Stereo