Airy and Bright Beach Home
Airy and Bright Beach Home
Five bedroom renovated beach house across from private beach in bucolic Madison, Connecticut!
This sunny home with water views is located on a cul-de-sac across from a private beach. It has 5 bedrooms, including a master suite with a den area, bath with double sinks, a separate tub and shower and a private deck with water views. Three additional bedrooms and a bath are on the 2nd floor with a TV area and laundry.
The main floor has a renovated eat in kitchen, large living room with dining area and fire place, windowed sitting area and a private bedroom and full bath. There is also a screened porch with an additional dining table.
Madison is under 2 hours from NYC and about 2 hours from Boston. This charming historic town is less than 10 minutes from the house and has an arts cinema, a nationally acclaimed bookstore, a library and wonderful shops and restaurants.
Locals mostly know Madison as a quintessential laid-back beach town with a best-kept-secret feel. But word has gotten out: The community is drawing more and more second-home owners from neighboring metropolises. Majority of houses here are Colonial and Cape-style with spectacular cedar-shingled waterfront homes—tucked among the hydrangeas of Middle Beach Road and Middle Beach West, and dotting the small streets off Liberty Road—go for millions.
This town of 18,600 overlooking Long Island Sound is so New England picturesque that former president Bill Clinton singled it out in his memoir, My Life, as an "especially old and beautiful" favorite during his time at Yale. But at a mere 36 square miles along the Connecticut shoreline, Madison is easy to miss—and residents happen to like it that way.
The ancient, rocky hills and gray cliffs of Rockland Preserve provide access to paths lined with rare flowers and hulking oak trees. Sustainable family farm Barberry Hill hosts popular farm dinners throughout the summer, and also sells its produce.
Private Residence with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2800 square feet, 261 square meters
King, Queen, Full, Full, and Full
8 guests maximum
Tweed New Haven Airport - HVN
1 1/2 hours from NYC, 20 minutes from New Haven airport
Water views from first floor porch, second floor sitting area, and 3rd floor master bedroom suite with separate balcony.
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- The Shoreline Greenway Trail - A continuous, gorgeous path for hikers and cyclists of all levels!
- Many opportunities to ride horses nearby!
- Madison Country Club - With spacious views of the water from all 18 holes, playing golf has never been so scenic.
- Madison Racquet & Swim Club - A unique natural setting provides the ideal backdrop for exceptional year round tennis, swimming and fitness that celebrates the family spirit!
- Hammonasset State Park
Places of Interest
- RJ Julia Booksellers - Located in the shoreline town of Madison, Connecticut, R.J. Julia Booksellers has always been a place of inspiration, information, and excitement!
- Hammonasset State Park - A visit to Hammonasset Beach State Park, is more than just another day at the beach. Connecticut's largest shoreline park offers over 2 miles of beach to enjoy all sorts of activities!
- Madison Arts Cinema - Foreign and domestic art films play in this century old theater, perfect for a rainy day!
- Walker Loden Antiques - Walker Loden offers a great collection of handmade gifts and antiques. This is a warm, friendly place to spend a shopping day!
- Bar Bouche - An authentic french bistro you can enjoy right on the Connecticut shoreline!
Jewel at the Beach
We had a wonderful time in Madison Ct. The house is a stone's throw from the water with a beautiful view from all three levels. The kitchen was great for preparing meals and the dining area was very conducive to lingering and enjoying conversations. The house plan is very flexible since there is a bedroom on the first level, three on the second and a lovely bedroom and sitting area and a gorgeous bath on the third. The owner, Pamela was very helpful and easily reachable to answer any questions. We cannot wait to return. Cecilia Kempton”