Looking Glass Place
Private, Secluded, Restful on 3 acres with our own family of deer that visit every morning. Close to Jacobs Creek Beach.
Outdoor fire pit, horseshoes, close walk to dam and scenic overlook of crystal blue lake and peaceful village. Wake up any morning to sip coffee and view our family of deer gathered around the backyard fish pond. Walk, cycle, explore the sparkling vistas around Canyon Lake.
Excellent for small groups and family and friends getaway.
Centrally located between San Antonio, Austin and Fredricksburg, the heart of the Texas hill country. Close
to Greune Texas music and shopping, 14 miles.
Outstanding weather in Spring and Fall without the hubbub of summer crowds. We have a large family gathering room downstairs 24 ft by 40ft and a large gathering room upstairs 22ft by 30 ft.
Plenty of room to relax, kick back and enjoy. Outdoor hot tub on upstairs deck overlooking the lake. We've provided at the details.
Looking Glass has 4 bedrooms, two rooms with 2 Queen beds and 2 more rooms with one Queen bed. Come relax in the fabulous Texas Hill Country. Wi-Fi open network,
Cable TV. 52 " Flat Screen TV, I Pod dock stereo, Bose Speakers, plenty of parking.Mr. Coffee 12 cup and Keurig Single cup coffee makers.
Private Residence with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3300 square feet, 307 square meters
Queen, Queen, 2x Queen, and 2x Queen
12 guests maximum
San Antonio International (SAT)
40 minutes south by car
360 panoramic view from second floor decks, 60 feet of upstairs decks overlooking the blue waters of Canyon Lake and the beautiful Texas hill -country.10 mile view of Canyon Lake, awesome sunsets. View over west end of lake, can see to Kendalia Texas "Twin Sisters".
No Pets Allowed
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Golf, Bandit Course New Braunfels
- Jacobs Creek Beach 1/2 mile
- Canyon Lake Marina 4 miles
- Helicopter Sightseeing 2 miles
- Sailng, Fishing, Deck boats 2 miles
- Canyon Lake Gorge Tours 2 miles
Places of Interest
- New Braunfels, Tx, Schliterbahn Water Park
- Texas Wine Tour Hwy 290, 22 miles
- San Antonio Riverwalk and Missions 40 miles
- Tanger Outlet Mall, 19 miles, Canyon Lake Boating
- Guadalupe River tubing and rafting, Golf all year
- Canyon Lake Gorge,Wimberly Texas
- San Antonio Riverwalk 42 miles
- Austin, Texas 52 miles
- The Bandit Golf Course, New Braunfels
- Wimberly,Texas 16 miles
- Austin Texas – The vibrant capital of Texas, Austin, is home to great music and great food. At certain times of the year bats fly from Congress Avenue Bridge which is a sensational event.
- San Antonio – Visiting the Alamo, the iconic site of Texan independence, and the River Walk are a must when staying so close.
- Rafting – The Guadeloupe River is also close and provides rafting opportunities.
Jo Ann T.February 2021
Looking Glass Place
My husband and I had a wonderful peaceful week here. This lake house was extremely clean and had everything we needed. It is large enough for big families if you need space. There was a nice view of the lake from the upstairs porch where the hot tub is which we also enjoyed. We saw deer almost every evening and sometimes a fox. We enjoyed walking around the neighborhoods exploring. We went to Gruene three times. They have great food there and fun shopping. My husband went fly fishing with a guide one afternoon. He caught a lot of trout. The owner of the house, Terry, was wonderful and helpful.”
Gary T.May 2019
Loved this Lake House!
We had such a wonderful time. Absolutely loved being tucked away in the woods with all the nature around. We watched the deer while sitting in the hot tub and looking out over the lake...so relaxing! Terry was an amazing host and thought of everything. Thanks so much for a beautiful week at your little slice of heaven on earth!”
Buck G.August 2018
Looking Glass Place
Canyon Lake is beautiful, and Looking Glass was the perfect place to stay! Plenty of room and had everything we needed. The views from the upstairs deck/hot tub were beautiful. We rented a boat for a day at the Canyon Lake Marina, the water was the perfect temperature and so clear; we couldn't have picked a better time of year to go. We really enjoyed seeing deer around the house too!”