Located between the resort towns of English Harbour and Half Moon Bay on Antigua's South Coast, Willoughby Heights is a beautiful, contemporary villa perched high on the hillside overlooking the entrance of Willoughby Bay and the reef separating the bay and the Caribbean Sea.
This dream home was recently built and designed with two large outdoor social areas running the full length of the house to bring nature in, it is a very open, warm and inviting home.
Central to the property is a large covered patio that features an infinity-edged pool and the whole area is surrounded by a tropical garden. The landscaped garden opens in front of the house to panoramas of the sea.
The villa is a 5,000 sq ft, oceanfront, 6 bedroom, 7 bathroom, 2 storey design built to encompass the trade winds and the outstanding views of the sea and bay.
All of the bedrooms in the main house are equipped with en-suite showers with rain flow technology. The master bedroom also features a bath that offers great views of the bay. The sixth bedroom is a self-contained guest house located above the large garage. The suite offers a king size bedroom with en-suite, lounge and a self-contained kitchen. The balcony offers spectacular views of the bay. With 5 bedrooms and a guesthouse, there is plenty of room and space for everyone!
The bedrooms have direct access to the veranda. They all have sliding glass doors to open up to the outside area, the rooms are East facing and capture the trade winds perfectly.
The veranda runs the length of the building offers unspoilt views of the bay, it truly is the perfect place to wake up or unwind. Like the patio, the veranda equipped with an array of seating and lounging areas.
The villa has wi-fi throughout and cable television in every bedroom, the kitchen and the main lounge area.
The kitchen has all the modern appliances one could desire including a wine cooler and there is also a separate butler’s kitchen with fridges, sinks and a dishwasher to enable the behind the scenes preparation and facilitation.
Private Residence with 2 levels
6 bedrooms, 7 baths, 5000 square feet, 465 square meters
King, King, King, King, King, and King
14 guests maximum
V. C. Bird International Airport - ANU
30 min by car
The view offered from Willoughby Heights is simply breathtaking. Looking out across Willoughby Bay to the natural reef that guards it's entrance to the Caribbean.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- It is a few minutes to the fabulous beaches of both Harbours and within the Harbour area you will find sailing, horse-riding, tennis, squash, fitness centre, etc.
- Golf is a 30 minute drive away, as is the capital St.Johns. There are 2 x 18 hole golf courses: one on the west coast at Jolly Harbour and one close to St.Johns.
- Willoughby Heights is within easy taxi ride or self-drive of the Sir Viv Richards Cricket Stadium.
- Willoughby Heights is located just a few minutes’ drive from English Harbour, home of Antigua Sailing Week, Antigua Classic Regatta and the Caribbean RORC 600 amongst other major international regattas and boat shows.
Places of Interest
- The villa is in a quiet location close to St James Club and shops, restaurants, bars and night-life of English and Falmouth Harbours.
- English and Falmounth Harbours - you will find the historic ‘Nelson’s Dockyard’ with its unique collection of beautifully restored 18th century buildings now converted to bars, restaurants, boutiques and marine trades.
Heaven on Earth
This was our second visit to Willoughby Bay having stayed at the neighbouring property, Pelican Ridge, last year. If anything Willoughby Heights was even better, with the most exquisite views looking out over the bay to the Atlantic. The location is quiet and unspoilt yet is only 10 minutes by car to the lively restaurants and bars of Falmouth Harbour and Nelson's Dockyard. The villa is beautifully furnished and very spacious and it is very well managed and maintained by Wilmer and his team (who is always on call if needed). For us it was just perfect and we would happily move in tomorrow. Highly recommended!”
Incredible stand alone property
Alone the expansive views of the Caribbean are breathtaking! This property is immense and well suited for a large family vacation or several couples. Every amenity is available. The only minor drawback is having to drive to beach access, and hence the 4 star rating.”