A Garden Villa at Amba Ayurveda Boutique Hotel
Amba Ayurveda Boutique Hotel is located a few kilometres outside of Ambalangoda, an authentic and thriving mid-sized Sri Lankan town.
Amba is a small boutique hotel that offers guests a personalised and outstanding level of service.
We offer Ayurveda for skeptics as well as for devotees. At Amba, there is always flexibility and acknowledgement that everyone has a unique approach to their health and well-being.
Amba is eco-friendly; solar panels on the roof, an eco-sand sewage system and a salt-water pool, we strive to keep our ecological impact to a minimum.
All rooms feature a private oceanfront balcony and a king-sized bed or twin beds with natural latex mattresses. Other amenities include complimentary Wi-Fi access, air conditioning, ceiling fan, refrigerator, satellite-TV, safe, rain shower, hairdryer, and Ayurveda bath products.
Each room features artwork from Sri Lankan artist, Thusitha Godagedara.
Boutique Hotel with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 300 square feet, 28 square meters
2 guests maximum
Bandaranaike International Airport
Views of the beautiful Indian Ocean
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Snorkel your way to the coral sanctuary and spot the marine life. Take a leisurely walk around the Galle fort.
- Trek up the Rummassala mountain and observe the surroundings.
- Spot the Dolphins and Whales in Mirissa.
- Explore the largest rain forest in Sri Lanka, Sinharaja Forest (The Forest of the Lion King).
Places of Interest
- Enjoy a boat safari on the Madhu Ganga (river) that will take you past historical island temples, shady mangrove forests and many birds & amphibians inhabiting the surroundings.
- The ancient temple Kothduwa Raja Viharaya is located on an island in the centre of the river. The temple which is said to have once housed the Sacred Tooth Relic of the Buddha also has a 130 year old Bo tree in its premises.
- The town of Ambalangoda is known as the centre for mask-making in Sri Lanka and a visit to the mask museum will provide one with an insight into the history of Sri Lankan masks and their significance to the local culture.
- The beautifully landscaped Lunuganga and Brief Gardens, are two must visit places in Bentota, located a short distance from Balapitiya.