Penthouse at Purgatory Resort
Penthouse at Purgatory Resort
***This owner is happy to accept last minute requests, especially for short stays. Please feel free to check!
This condominium offers true ski-in/ski-out luxury at Purgatory Resort. It is a penthouse located on the top floor with slope-side mountain views from the private balcony. This condo has two bedroom and two bathrooms, with an open layout concept. The kitchen features a bar with seating and opens right onto the dining area with seating for six. Adjacent to the dining area is the spacious living room, with a lovely, cozy fireplace. A private balcony runs the entire length of the condo offering spectacular views.
The master bedrooms features a king size bed and en-suite bathroom. The second bedroom also features a king size bed. Both bedrooms are spacious and offer breathtaking mountain views.
The Village Center building is located right in the center of Purgatory Resort. One covered parking space is included as well as a private ski locker. There is a roof top deck with a year round pool and hot tub offering stunning mountain views. Guests have full access to all the amenities in Purgatory Lodge which include a game room, fitness center and spa. There are also three tennis courts at the resort and owners get discounts to all the shops and restaurants managed by the resort in addition to group ski lessons and rentals.
Purgatory Resort is located in the rugged San Juan Mountains in southwestern Colorado, and 25 miles north of historic downtown Durango. Carved by glaciers thousands of years ago, Purgatory is a unique blend of steep tree skiing trails and wide-open cruisers with stunning views. Averaging 260 inches of snow annually, Purgatory is known for consistent, dry powder from frequent storms, followed by sunny, bluebird days, which creates perfect conditions for pure alpine nirvana.
Purgatory features 1,525 acres of skiable terrain, 94 trails, 11 lifts, five terrain parks and a vertical drop of 2,029 feet.
Condo with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1100 square feet
King and King
4 guests maximum
Durango La Plata - DRO
45 minutes by car
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Enjoy river rafting down the spectacular Animas River
- Duranglers Flies and Supplies - These guided fishing trips will open doors to more mountain streams than you could imagine
- 80 uncrowded ski runs with no wait times for the ski lifts!
- Rapp Corral - A horseback riding adventure through breathtaking mountain scenery!
- Mountain biking at Purgatory Resort - Purgatory Resort is home to Divinity Flow Trail, Durango’s only lift-served downhill flow trail, and the first World Mountain Bike Championships. Plenty of track for all abilities!
Places of Interest
- Historic Downtown Durango - Where Old West meets Southwest!
- Mesa Verde National Park - Known for its well-preserved Ancestral Puebloan cliff dwellings, notably the huge Cliff Palace.
- Silverton, CO - Nestled between two rugged San Juan mountain passes, Silverton has always been a beloved destination for those who pursue adventure.
- San Juan National Forest - This gorgeous national forest covers 1.8 million acres in the southwestern corner of Colorado
Nothing like true ski in/ski out
These accommodations are wonderfully situated - ski in/ski out, rentals just downstairs, everything convenient. On top of that, Jon simply couldn’t have been more helpful or nicer. Our family enjoyed ourselves immensely! We would jump at the chance to stay here again with these views, comforts, and conveniences! Not to mention AMAZING snow! Thank you for everything!! Jennifer and Brent Taliaferro Stayed 2/8/19. ”
A Great Place To Ski
We had a wonderful vacation. The condo had everything we needed for a great ski vacation. The scenery out the windows were wonderful. We hope to go back.”
Great location and always morning entertainment
Jon’s place was nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable. The fireplace was lit nightly which added to the ambiance. Just call for wood and they would bring all we desired. The kitchen had enough supplies for cooking small meals. True ski-in-ski-out. It states that you have use of the owners linge, this policy has changed and the use is ONLY for the owners. We were disappointed with this. But Purgys is a fun place to hang out especially if the weather is nice. Jon was very communicative and was always available by text for any questions we had. The housekeeping is lacking, but thats no fault of Jon. Just and FYI for you. Enjoy-we did”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Covered Parking
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility