Niagara on the Lake
Niagara on the Lake
Escape to your own village by the lake in this perfectly located five bedroom, three bathroom single-family home in the epicenter of Niagara, Ontario. This charming 4,000 square foot home is everything you’d want for a Canadian getaway.
Welcome yourself into an eclectically modern, restored century barn, featuring beautiful wooden flooring and hand hewn wooden posts and beams. The home features a spacious layout, and the main floor allows you to effortlessly move from room to room. In-floor heating systems are installed in this home, sure to keep you toasty and warm during those cold winter months!
Begin in the living room, where you will never run out of comfortable places to sit and enjoy time with your friends and loved ones. This room is marvelously adorned with exquisite art pieces, antique French doors that lead to a patio overlooking a lush green backyard and a dual-sided gas fireplace, dividing the room between living and dining areas. The dining room is attached to the grand chef’s kitchen featuring top of the line appliances, massive soapstone counter space, brightly colored walls, trendy bar stools, and an extra sitting area with plush sofa seating. Music lovers will delight in the beautifully restored, 1913 Steinway Model O piano. The lofty, vaulted ceilings of this home make for sensational acoustics, so don’t hesitate to settle in for a private concert, courtesy of the musician in the group!
On the lower level you’ll find three of five bedrooms. The master bedroom is situated in its own separate space in what used to be the hayloft. Take in the wall-to-wall study space, the gorgeous headboard “library” propping up the king bed, and of course an en suite bathroom covered with marbleized tiling. The last bedroom can be found in the coach house apartment, which sits above the double car garage. Whichever room you choose provides its own flair, be it the full bedroom with private study area and globe, the “Pine Room” featuring a queen Bed adorned in golden fall leaf comforting and rich mahogany furniture or the “Red Room” featuring a second king bed and uniquely designed furniture.
This property is just minutes from downtown Niagara-on-the-lake, which hosts events every time of year. Theater lovers will have a grand time at the world class Shaw Festival, featuring incredible actors and shows for all ages. Niagara-on-the-Lake offers spectacular golfing and sailing for those who enjoy the great outdoors. Known as the Napa Valley of Canada, you’ll also find fantastic wineries close by, and self-proclaimed foodies will adore the multitude of five-star, farm to table restaurants in the area, including sushi, Thai, Italian, and more! In addition to all of this, you’re just 20 minutes from Niagara Falls and all the spectacular wonder that it brings. With so much to see and do, you’ll never run into a dull moment!
The natural beauty of Niagara-on-the-Lake will blow you away, and this gorgeous restored barn will serve as the perfect getaway home! Book your stay today.
****Due to the nature of some household art and heirlooms, we kindly ask that families with children under the age of 16 do not stay at our home. We could possibly make exceptions for certain cases, but in the event you have younger children and wish to book our home, please contact the THIRDHOME Member Services team before doing so. Infants who are unable to crawl or walk are fine. Also no pets allowed.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 4000 square feet
King, King, King, Queen, and Full
9 guests maximum
Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF)
1 hour by car
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Tour of Niagara Falls - A comprehensive tour beginning in Niagara Falls, Ontario by boat travelling everywhere from the falls themselves to the tunnels that helped create them.
- Whirlpool State Park - A two level state park with scenic hiking and fishing paths as well as quaint places to picnic and enjoy the day.
- Aquarium of Niagara - Known as the "first inland oceanarium", features more than 1,500 marine animals including sharks, piranha and California sea lions to name a few.
- Old Falls Street - The epicenter of Niagara offering everything from festivals and concerts to outdoor movie events and the primary casino spot!
- Jackson Triggs Winery - Make a visit to this gorgeous winery, hosting many signature events throughout the year, such as their Summer Concert Series!
Places of Interest
- Niagara Falls - Visit the world famously indescribable falls which combine three great falls into one magnificent scene.
- Cave of the Winds - Strap on your hooded rain coat and tour into a cave and onto a catwalk at the foot of the falls for an up close and personal view.
- Castellani Art Museum of Niagara University - Known for its exhibitions of nationally known and emerging contemporary artists and traditional folk arts.
- Sandstone Grillhouse - Stunning upscale eatery with beautiful views, steaks and amazing seafood choices. Perfect for a classy night out!
- Stratus Vineyards - Boasting the first platinum LEED winery in the world, you absolutely love the delicious flavors at this winery!
Restful Home and Interesting Destination
John and Liz were wonderful hosts and could not have been more helpful. The home is both upscale and eclectic which makes it, all by itself and along with its provenance, a delightful experience in artful design. Niagara on the Lake is an artistic destination and the Town is enchanting. There is lots to do and the dining is superb. Returning to this home was restful and relaxing. We highly recommend the Hosts, the Destination and the Home. ”
Good wineries in Canada.....you better believe it!
A home conveniently situated right in the center of Niagara- on- the- lake. A 5 minute drive from main street, 30 minutes from Niagara Falls and 90 minutes from Toronto. Activities included live theater, wineries galore, cycling the vineyards and enjoying Sunset beach on Lake Ontario as well as many dining options. John was a wonderful host.”
Beautiful house, near a beautiful lake and downtown area; only 30 minutes from Niagara Falss”
Niagara on the Lake
This is a beautifully decorated home. The home has several areas for entertaining and is great for a multi-generational group. The host was wonderful and gave us lots of tips for enjoying this beautiful city. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility
- iPod Dock Stereo