London, United Kingdom
Spacious comfortable London flat
This very comfortable West London flat has been recently renovated and is only 15 minutes by Tube from Central London. The area is remarkably quiet though Tubes, trains and buses are within easy walking distance.
Light pours in through the huge windows, which at the front face onto the large Victorian villas across the broad road, and at the back onto the leafy garden of the flat below
The working fireplace and the big Victorian radiators make the winter months extra cosy. There are shelves crammed with books and interesting artefacts collected over many years.
The kitchen is very well equipped so that guests can take advantage of the excellent food shopping and markets near the flat. For those who prefer to eat out, there are countless fine restaurants and pubs a short walk away.
There is a king size bed in the spacious bedroom, (which also has a walk in wardrobe) with a high quality king size sofa bed in the living room for extra guests.
There is no washing machine but in case of need there is an excellent laundry nearby.
Townhome with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 850 square feet
4 guests maximum
Gatwick or Heathrow
45 mins by car
Typical London terraced houses
Activities of Interest
- London Walks - "London's best guided walks" - meet at tube stops
- Short term bike hire from kiosks everywhere - use the new Bike Highway
- Concerts and sporting events at the nearby Royal Albert Hall
Places of Interest
- Hyde Park - one of the largest parks in London and one of its Royal Parks.
- Knightsbridge - Wealthy eighborhood full of upscale shopping and dining.
- South Kensington museums - V&A, Natural History and more Royal Albert Hall - One of Britain's great Victorian splendours, most famous for the Proms classical music festival.
- Soho - A buzzing and unique central London neighbourhood home to bars and restaurants
- Buckingham Palace - The official London residence of the UK's sovereigns since 1837.
- Richmond Deer Park - a piece of the country in London
- London Wetlands - a short drive away, lakes and marshes with fabulous bird life
- Cork Sreet, The National Gallery, Tates Britain and Modern, just a few examples of the rich art scene nearby
Wonderful flat to spend a week in London! Owner extremely hospitable and treated us like family. Hope to return. Caroline and Rob Heyer”
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Wireless Internet