Vermont Mountain Estate
Vermont Mountain Estate
Situated on a 125 secluded acres with 225-degree views and looking west towards the Adirondack mountains, this Vermont estate has everything you could want for outdoor adventure and family activities. Abutting and surrounded on all 4 sides by the 21,500 acre Calvin Coolidge State Forest, nature rules this property.
There is a spring-fed pond with diving rocks, 5 acres of meadow, and tons of wildlife. Day hike along the Appalachian trail, only minutes from the property. The famous Catamount Trail, a cross-country ski trail that runs the length of the state, passes directly next to the driveway, and there is a private 6km trail system on the property for leisurely walks, snowshoeing or a vigorous cross-country ski adventure with one trail leading to the summit offering 300-degree views.
If relaxation is what you would like or following a long day on the slopes, the house boasts a 35-ft tall stone fireplace and billiards table in the Gathering Room, perfect for après-ski.
There is also a fitness room and sauna, new kitchen with all amenities, media room for movie night, two dining area options, and an outdoor fireplace to take in the world-class sunsets. Lastly, though you are blissfully secluded at the property, one of the oldest general stores in Vermont of over 100 years old is just down the road and offers all the charm you could imagine and the best fresh-baked scones and muffins around to grab on your way to the slopes!
Vermont is famous for it's fall foliage, with peak season in late September through mid October. The colors are spectacular-take a drive to Woodstock for a fall festival or tour the many quaint villages, enjoying the fall colors and scenery along the way.
For downhill skiing, the new and luxurious Jackson Gore base lodge of Okemo is 25 minutes away, and Killington mountain, with over 200 trails is only 35 minutes away. Stratton and Bromley are 40 minutes away. Snowshoe or XC Ski from the house on property trials or the groomed State Forest trails. Snowmobiling is also available in the area.
Built at the highest altitude allowed in Vermont, the property stays cool even when it's hot everywhere else. Use the property as a jump off point to the hundreds of day hikes in the area. Mountain and road biking is also very popular, and the nearby ski resorts transform into meccas for tons of outdoor activities.
Private Residence with 3 levels
6 bedrooms, 5 baths, 7 square feet, 1 square meters
King, King, Queen, Full, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
10 guests maximum
Burlington International Airport - BTV
75 minutes by car
West facing with views towards the Green Mountains and Adirondack Mountains in New York.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Green Mountain National Forest Hiking - This park contains portions of both the Long Trail and the Appalachian Trail.
- Battenkill River Flyfishing - This beautiful river is known for it's wonderful fly fishing opportunities.
- Manchester Outlet Shopping - Whether shopping for jewelry, clothes, or antiques, Manchester will be the highlight of your shopping vacation in Vermont.
- Pico Mountain Skiing - With wonderful skiing conditions, this is a lovely, family friendly skiing destination!
- Norman Rockwell Museum - Explore this wonderful collection of pieces from the famous American artist.
Places of Interest
- Woodstock Village - The town of Woodstock is a charming, historic area that is must see on your trip to Vermont.
- Coolidge State Forest - Deep in this wooded area, an abandoned quarry can be found, making for excellent exploration!!
- Aitken State Forest - In this lovely state forest, the Bald Mountain trail is notable for its scenic vistas, bird watching opportunities, blueberries, and colorful wildflowers.
- The Rustic Rooster - Featuring delicious flavors and local favorites, this mountain restaurant is a staple among the community.
Our stay at the house was very enjoyable. The setting was remote and picturesque. The furnishings were of great taste and the owners were very helpful. We enjoyed seeing the sun set over the mountains from the kitchen and reading some of their great books by the fire or in their cozy library with a glass of wine. During the day we either went skiing or visited some historic local town. Lots of amazing restaurants in the area. We highly recommend the Ingle’s mountain home. Brett and Julie”
Vermont Mountain Estate
An excellent home to relax with family or friends. Large well appointed bedrooms, a wonderful great room with a pool table and comfortable seating and a well thought out kitchen with everything we needed for at home meals. The house opened up to expansive fields and forested land. We saw deer and all sorts of birds. Very private but close to small towns with good cafes and stores. It was convenient to explore Southern Vermont. We went to the theater in Weston, checked out stores in Manchester and drove through some of the scenic highways and byways. Our adult daughter and her boyfriend went mountain biking and hiking in the nearby ski areas. We look forward to another visit. ”
Our family had a wonderful time.
What a great time we had! We only wish we could have stayed longer. The property is beautiful with spectacular sunsets to be seen from several rooms in the home. So many activities... skating on the pond, playing pool in the great room, building a cozy fire, hiking, snow shoeing, doing puzzles, visiting charming towns nearby, working out upstairs, and much more. So much space to either be together or to have some privacy. Great fun. ”