The Stone House
The Stone House is a beautiful historical house, lovingly restored back to its former glory, with a modern take on its facilities.
Completed in 1825 for the first Northern Tasmanian clergyman, (Australia was settled by the English Gentry in 1788), The Stone House was built by convicts in a Georgian style.
It is surrounded by delightful English gardens with heritage listed trees in the front garden. The oldest Magnolia tree in Tasmania adorns the front garden.
The new conservatory at the back of the house overlooks the pool garden and offers privacy and serenity, where guests love to relax and enjoy nature’s outlook.
If guests wish to have a cleaning service added, that can be arranged as required at an additional cost.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 5000 square feet, 465 square meters
King, Queen, Queen, Queen, and Queen
12 guests maximum
10 minutes by car
Overlooks the South Esk River and rural land, but is in the small village of Perth.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Enjoy the nearby famous mountains for satisfying day hikes
- sample the fasntascit local food at the many excellent Tasmanian Restaurants in the area
- There excellent markets to explore in the area.
Places of Interest
- Only 15 minutes away is the vibrant town of Launceston with its Colonial and Victorian architecture, its trendy food scene and the spectacular Cataract Gorge, the town's star attraction and two hours to Hobart by car.
- Wine lovers will appreciate the famous Tasmanian wine route nearby with the opportunity to sample the fine local wines.
- Tasmania is packed with historic and cultural charm, gorgeous old towns, excellent food and wine and stunning scenic highlights.