Brimming with rustic charm and settled amongst picturesque, wooded scenery, this five-bedroom, 5000 square foot, family home is truly one-of-a-kind, and one of the first built at the Blowing Rock Country Club in 1945. A historic presence exudes from every inch of living space, creating an extraordinary getaway for you and your guests.
This impressive structure stands tall amongst lush, green forest and majestic mountains, and offers spectacular vistas of the surrounding scenery at every turn. The home is cozy and comfortable, furnished with authentic, period pieces, each lovingly handcrafted by local craftsmen. The smooth, wood paneling of the walls accentuates the pastoral feel of the home, and beautifully compliments the stonework around the fireplace. Plush sofas and charming rocking chairs surround the fireplace, creating a lovely spot to gather and keep warm when the cool mountain breeze rolls in. The décor and finishes give off a familiar, intimate sensibility that welcomes you with open arms.
For a hearty, home-cooked meal, head into the family-style kitchen….There’s ample cabinet space to hold all of your culinary needs, and the dining room is decorated with delicate, antique china, giving the area lovely aesthetic. When dinner is served, gather around the circular wooden dining table, and gaze out on the magnificent scenery around you.
After a fun-filled day in Blowing Rock, come home to one of five superb bedrooms, each uniquely built to soothe your mind and senses. Three of the bedrooms have queen-sized beds, the fourth two full-sized beds, and the last two twin-sized beds. Each is styled with a time-honored charm, including floral wall designs, and snug, soft linens, and bedding. The rustic air of the home can be found in each bedroom as well, creating a peaceful atmosphere for a restful night’s sleep.
From the unparalleled views to the quaint, storybook feel of the village, Blowing Rock is the perfect town for a quick escape from reality. Blowing Rock offers something for everyone, from the avid adventurers to those looking for a little peace and quiet. Your rustic getaway backs right up to Blowing Rock Country Club, beloved by golf fanatics nationwide. Downtown Blowing Rock offers unique shops to peruse, along with award-winning restaurants to sample. For thrill-seekers, a plethora of outdoor adventure awaits, ranging from hiking to spelunking. Only Blowing Rock allows you to indulge in utter luxury and natural beauty while still letting your adventurous side come out to play!
This exceptional home offers you a secluded look into the many wonders of Blowing Rock. Make your next mountain vacation a special one, and let Above All be your getaway destination.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 5000 square feet, 465 square meters
Queen, Queen, Queen, 2x Full, and 2x Twin
12 guests maximum
Charlotte Douglas International Airport - CLT
1 hour and 35 minutes by car
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wine Country
- Blowing Rock Golf and Country Club - Tucked away in one of the most coveted resort communities in the Southeast, this course offers challenging play in the middle of majestic mountains.
- Doc's Rocks Gem Mine - The kids will love panning for shiny gems at this authentic mine!
- Sky Valley Zip Tours - Take a thrilling zipline ride, soaring high above the mountains and trees of Blowing Rock.
- Glen Burney Trail - Take a leisurely hike, and prepare yourself for spectacular views of the waterfalls in the area.
- Vx3 Trail Rides - See the North Carolina mountains like never before, and enjoy a customized horseback ride through gorgeous scenery.
Places of Interest
- Julian Price Park - In this park you'll find a gorgeous lake nestled amongst superb mountain vistas, creating the perfect place to kayak, hike, or just enjoy the sunshine.
- Flat Top Manor - Step back in time and explore this historic, antebellum mansion.
- Blowing Rock Brewery - This incredible geological formation offers you the chance to look out over breathtaking vistas of the surrounding mountains.
- The Blowing Rock - Located in the heart of Blowing Rock, this boutique brewery offers unique, delicious brews to taste.
- The Restaurant at Gideon Ridge - Dine on elegant dishes al-fresco on the terrace or in the intimate European-style dining room.
The photos don’t do justice to the beautiful views and charm of this gorgeous house. When you step on the stone patio of the house you will have the most beautiful views of the North Carolina mountains. The house itself is gorgeous. The owners have kept the original 1940s furniture, art and architecture. The house welcomes you to a different era when families used to spend hours together in the play room, dining room and living room. It was the perfect hide away during the 2020 pandemic. The location is also fantastic. 5 minutes to the beautiful town of Blowing Rock. Great restaurants and grocery stores nearby. The owner was very accommodating with our requests and our communication was excellent. I would love to go back to this gem of a house.”
Trudy Williford Bowen
Just as before, our stay at Above All was excellent! The views are incredible and the house is so clean and provides all the necessary amenities and linens. We also loved the new rugs! We thank the owners for all they do to make their property pleasant to visit. We look forward to returning! ”
We loved our stay at this home and this beautiful part of the country! We hope to return... among the many great things, having a glass of coffee/wine on the back porch with the majestic view is the ultimate! Great communications with the owner were much appreciated.”
A fabulous house with h awesome long range views. It has close proximity to Blowing Rock and great restaurants. The house was very spacious. We just thought it was fantastic house accommodating large amount of family if needed. Has all amenities. We would definitely go back.”