Topsham, Devon, United Kingdom
Nestled on 3500 square feet in the heart of the charming city of Topsham, this stunning chapel has been converted into a modern, four-bedroom home that makes the perfect retreat for a tranquil escape into the breathtaking Devon countryside. Nestled on the edge of the Exe Estuary, this historic church home offers a unique way to experience this historic area, filled with natural beauty beyond your wildest dreams.
With sensational living spaces on both floors, this striking home allows for masses of light due to the floor-to-ceiling arched windows and lofty, vaulted ceilings. The galleried living area features polished wooden flooring and a cool, contemporary interior with chic décor. This living room is positively brimming with classic furniture and stylish, contemporary art. After a busy day of exploring the beautiful Devonshire countryside, sink into unbelievably plush sofas and settle in for an evening of catching up over drinks with friends and family.
Upstairs, you’ll find an attractive mezzanine lounge area that overlooks the living room below. An enormous corner sofa and a massive flat screen television can be found here, creating the ideal ambiance for casual gatherings and movie nights. With huge arched windows on both sides, even more natural sunlight floods into this space, bring warmth and an inviting nature.
As you head farther into the home, you’ll find the fully-equipped, pristinely white kitchen, featuring a modern build and designer touches that will delight anyone with an interest in the culinary arts. With plenty of state of the art amenities and ample countertops to prepare meals from scratch. On one side of the kitchen, head through exquisite French doors that lead to a secluded patio, the perfect place for an intimate alfresco dinner.
Downstairs, you’ll find one of four sensational bedrooms, a cozy room featuring a king-sized bed with its own en-suite bathroom. The bedrooms upstairs are equally as delightful, including the lavish master bedroom. The master has a king-sized bed and its own secret stairway leading down to a private dressing room and pristine bathroom. The master bathroom features a deep, welcoming bathtub and spacious walk-in shower. The next two bedrooms also offer king-sized beds, which can be split into two twin beds each if necessary. They share a well-appointed bathroom between them. With sumptuous linens and stylish furnishings, each bedroom offers a serene haven for you to retreat to at the end of the night.
Victoria Chapel is found right in the heart of the traditional town of Topsham, meaning you have easy access to many local shops and delicious waterside pubs and restaurants. Michael Caines’ new restaurant Lympstone Manor is just a short stroll away through the lovely nature trails of the Exe Estuary. Other scrumptious restaurants in the area include The Galley, an amazing seafood restaurant, and the River Exe Café, located on a barge in the middle of the estuary. West Country living abounds in Topsham, with stunning open fields and breathtaking countryside surrounding you no matter where you go. Quaint towns and villages are ripe for exploring by bike or foot all along the banks of the River Exe. Golfers will delight in the multitude of splendid courses nearby, including the East Devon Golf Club. On the north coast, within an hour’s drive away, you’ll find three of the best links courses in England – Burnham & Berrow, Saunton, and Royal North Devon, which claims to be the oldest course in the country.
Experience style and seclusion at the gorgeous Victoria Chapel in Topsham!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3500 square feet, 326 square meters
King, King, King, and King
8 guests maximum
Exeter Airport (EXT), Bristol Airport (BRS)
15 minutes by car (EXT), 1 hour and 15 minutes by car (BRS)
Views of the historic city of Topsham!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Exe Estuary Nature Reserve Trails - Hike along one of the many trails to take in superb views of the breathtaking Exe Estuary.
- Topsham Museum - This lovely museum is based in a historic building featuring maritime displays, wildlife exhibits, and period decor.
- AS Watersports - For all your paddling needs, head to AS Watersports, and rent out a canoe or kayak for a lovely day on the water.
- The Bike Shed Theater and Cocktail Bar - This cultural night spot showcases new works and live gigs in a brick-lined venue.
- Underground Passages - Tour the city by way of these medieval, subterranean passages, built to transport water under the Exeter city center.
Places of Interest
- Pebblebed Wine Estate - Share the experience of sipping on award-winning wines in the glorious Devon countryside.
- The Jurassic Coast - With stunning cliffs and beaches, the Jurassic Coast covers 95 miles of coastline and is considered a World Heritage Site.
- Topsham Quay Antiques Market - This riverside warehouse offers a collective 65 dealers offering a range of vintage items plus delicious restaurants and cafes.
- Lympstone Manor Restaurant - Enjoy this vision of modern British cuisine that is fresh, seasonal, original, and exciting!
- Dartmoor National Park - This vast moorland offers a craggy landscape defined by forests, rivers, wetlands, and gorgeous rock formations.
Victoria Chapel is an absolutely beautiful home, recently renovated to the very highest standards. Light, airy and spacious (with huge high ceilings) yet so comfortable and welcoming for our December winter stay. The photos do not really do this home justice - no detail has been overlooked from the soft furnishings and toiletries to the equipment in the fabulous gourmet kitchen. Chris the owner was so thoughtful and helpful - I cannot rate our experience highly enough. When we finally dragged ourselves outside of the Chapel we found Topsham to be a delightful village with many welcoming pubs and restaurants plus lovely designer boutiques. We could have easily stayed much longer than our one week here and not tired of the area. We are definitely planning to return in the summer months to sample the local beaches and al fresco bars! So pleased we discovered Victoria Chapel. If you are considering this property I would say do not hesitate! ”